The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

HCG drops for weight loss. Is it safe for melanoma patients

Forums General Melanoma Community HCG drops for weight loss. Is it safe for melanoma patients

Participant

Does anyone know whether the HCG drops for weight loss are safe for melanoma patients?

Does anyone know whether the HCG drops for weight loss are safe for melanoma patients?

HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, and it is produced by the female placenta. Its primary purpose is to give directions the hypothalamus gland. The hypothalamus gland, in turn, regulates your thyroid functions, fat storage and metabolic rate.

So, in a nutshell, HCG drops tells the hypothalamus to increase your metabolic rate, burn any stores of fat and reel in thyroid functions. This funnels more useable energy into the body.

I'm just curious if there is any reason not to give it a try.  I realize it may not work for me, I can deal with that.  But, I sure don't want to push my NED status.

Nancy D

Stage 3B, NED 6+ years

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        CKasper
        Participant

Americans have this ridiculous obessesion with losing weight.  Why on earth would you want to screw around with your thyroid and who knows what other organs by taking a weight loss product when you have been blessed with being NED for 6 years???

Suggestion:  If you need to lose weight try diet and exercise.

CKasper
          Participant

Americans have this ridiculous obessesion with losing weight.  Why on earth would you want to screw around with your thyroid and who knows what other organs by taking a weight loss product when you have been blessed with being NED for 6 years???

Suggestion:  If you need to lose weight try diet and exercise.

Cynthia C
            Participant

Hi Nancy,  I'm always on the lookout for a little something that might help me to lose my extra poundage. As our anonymous friend so clearly states, less food and more exercise is the main equation necessary to lose weight, however at age 56 and partway through menopause I will attest to the fact that the weight seems to keep pouring on despite less intake of food! My stress level is high and my exercise time limited. I am also 3b, NED 10 years. As long as you are not doing any active treatment that this HCG could alter, I say go for it! As with any "diet supplement" use with caution. Let me know if it works! I am currently trying extra water intake, Omega 3 and extra Vitamin C and trying that new "miracle weight pill" African mango seed along with DIET and EXERCISE. And to Anonymous, I know I am very blessed to be 10 years NED. I know that can change at any time and I need to keep in top shape to be best able to handle a recurrence should one occur. I pray every day and I include every person here, that they may also attain long lasting NED status.

Cynthia C, [email protected]

CKasper
                Participant

I posted the diet and exercise because I believe in it.  I'm 54, in the menapause age and yes its hard when the pounds pack on but if you get well, watch the calories and fat intake and just do moderate exercise, walking, yoga etc, you will loose weight,

Or you could lose it like I have.  Be sick for 6 years and Have your huband walk out on you for another woman, leave you without money, a bunch of bills and destitute.  I lost 50 lbs.    I don't suggest this method!!! LOL

C

CKasper
                  Participant

I posted the diet and exercise because I believe in it.  I'm 54, in the menapause age and yes its hard when the pounds pack on but if you get well, watch the calories and fat intake and just do moderate exercise, walking, yoga etc, you will loose weight,

Or you could lose it like I have.  Be sick for 6 years and Have your huband walk out on you for another woman, leave you without money, a bunch of bills and destitute.  I lost 50 lbs.    I don't suggest this method!!! LOL

C

Cynthia C
                  Participant

Hi Nancy,  I'm always on the lookout for a little something that might help me to lose my extra poundage. As our anonymous friend so clearly states, less food and more exercise is the main equation necessary to lose weight, however at age 56 and partway through menopause I will attest to the fact that the weight seems to keep pouring on despite less intake of food! My stress level is high and my exercise time limited. I am also 3b, NED 10 years. As long as you are not doing any active treatment that this HCG could alter, I say go for it! As with any "diet supplement" use with caution. Let me know if it works! I am currently trying extra water intake, Omega 3 and extra Vitamin C and trying that new "miracle weight pill" African mango seed along with DIET and EXERCISE. And to Anonymous, I know I am very blessed to be 10 years NED. I know that can change at any time and I need to keep in top shape to be best able to handle a recurrence should one occur. I pray every day and I include every person here, that they may also attain long lasting NED status.

Cynthia C, [email protected]

W.
                    Participant

Here you see a doctor's response to the same question: http://ehealthforum.com/health/hcg-diet-and-melanoma-t199665.html

If you do a search on Google Scholar, you see some articles that raise some concerns. Looks like nobody really knows whether it could harm, but it can definitely not be excluded.

Cynthia C
                        Participant

Thank you for posting this website link! I had not yet discovered it and plan to spend some time exploring it.

Cynthia C

Cynthia C
                          Participant

Thank you for posting this website link! I had not yet discovered it and plan to spend some time exploring it.

Cynthia C

W.
                          Participant

Here you see a doctor's response to the same question: http://ehealthforum.com/health/hcg-diet-and-melanoma-t199665.html

If you do a search on Google Scholar, you see some articles that raise some concerns. Looks like nobody really knows whether it could harm, but it can definitely not be excluded.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics