The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Happy Valentine’s day for Patients and caregivers

Forums Caregiver Community Happy Valentine’s day for Patients and caregivers

Participant

Many of us say Happy Valentine's Day today, but for some from this site the person they most want to say it to is gone. In my case Velma went to be with the Lord on July 15th last year, So today is just another reminder she is gone as I looked at ther grave. I write this not to discourage those on this site but to encourage you to celebrate life and fight the beast. Love those you are with and love life. I was fortunate through 3 1/2 years that my wife of 44 years fought melanoma that we were both strong believers in Jesus Christ and had our faith to carry us through knowing we would be together again in Heaven. For caregivers who have a spouse or loved one fighting melanoma it is much like having it yourself as you go throught scans and  appointments waiting for results, but yet we bear none of the direct pain. My wife through her faith always had the ability to say "I am Doing Okay" when ask how she was. I would ask her how she did after MRI's Pet/CT's and other treatments like IL-2 and Gamma knife with the frame on all day and hours in a machine and her standard answer was " I just prayed while I was in it". Friends would ask her when her next appointment was and she would simply say " i don't know you will have to ask Danny " he takes care of that for me.

For me the title of caregiver became the most important title I have ever had. I had important Automotive positions in my engineering career and then built custom homes featured in magazines, but noe of those positions carried the pride and honor I had as a caregiver for my wife. While I am sad she lost her battle I still keep up with melanoma advancements and post here and hope more and more will reach NED status. I know for all the melanoma battle can be difficult . I wish i could share with all of you how important our faith was to Vel and me, as it was our rock in this fight. I had the honor of keeping her in our home until she took her last breath and as she passed on a tear came out of her eye by me as I know She saw Jesus. For you who have read this all the way thru hug the caregiver or the person battleing melanoma as you can fight melanoma and come out richer for it. For all keep up the good fight and beat the beast and do say Happy Valentine's day to your loved ones.

Still wanting to fight Melanoma,

Daniel

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Marianne quinn
        Participant

Thank you.

Marianne quinn
          Participant

Thank you.

Marianne quinn
            Participant

Thank you.

Jubes
              Participant

Thank you Daniel 

AnitaLoree
                  Participant

It is very gracious of you to share, Daniel. We, too, are walking this path hand in hand with our Lord. We are blessed to have this extra time together. I am blessed to have all my nursing experience to care for my #1 patient. Christ leads us to others dealing with chronic, serious illness and blesses our rapport and support. We are finding this a very interesting journey with rewards and insights we could never have anticipated. We certainly do appreciate the value of hugs!  May every day be an 'I love you' Valentine's Day.  A.L.

ncdaniel
                    Participant

Thank you for your comments I was greatly blessed that the last two weeks of my wifes life our daughter and family came to stay with us. She is an ER nurse and said afterward she knew why she bacame a nurse as she took care of her mom. She has also told me that many times since her mom died she has dealt with people in the ER battling cancers and she is now better to relate to them . I hope your journey is good and whish I could share all the times God's hand was in my wifes care. I wish all who battle this could see what it is to have God walking with you. Please feel free to corspond with e mail if you would like, will add you to my prayers.

Daniel

ncdaniel
                      Participant

Thank you for your comments I was greatly blessed that the last two weeks of my wifes life our daughter and family came to stay with us. She is an ER nurse and said afterward she knew why she bacame a nurse as she took care of her mom. She has also told me that many times since her mom died she has dealt with people in the ER battling cancers and she is now better to relate to them . I hope your journey is good and whish I could share all the times God's hand was in my wifes care. I wish all who battle this could see what it is to have God walking with you. Please feel free to corspond with e mail if you would like, will add you to my prayers.

Daniel

ncdaniel
                        Participant

Daniel

AnitaLoree
                          Participant

It is very gracious of you to share, Daniel. We, too, are walking this path hand in hand with our Lord. We are blessed to have this extra time together. I am blessed to have all my nursing experience to care for my #1 patient. Christ leads us to others dealing with chronic, serious illness and blesses our rapport and support. We are finding this a very interesting journey with rewards and insights we could never have anticipated. We certainly do appreciate the value of hugs!  May every day be an 'I love you' Valentine's Day.  A.L.

AnitaLoree
                            Participant

Jubes
                            Participant

Thank you Daniel 

Jubes
                              Participant

Thank you Daniel 

LuckyMan51
                                Participant

Daniel,

You Sir are an absolute gentleman.  I will make a point of including both you and your much loved lost bride in my prayers. God bless you!

LuckyMan51
                                  Participant

Daniel,

You Sir are an absolute gentleman.  I will make a point of including both you and your much loved lost bride in my prayers. God bless you!

LuckyMan51
                                    Participant

Daniel,

Viewing 8 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics