The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Happy Thanksgiving! It’s Follow Up Time!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Happy Thanksgiving! It’s Follow Up Time!!

Participant

I hope everyone is preparing for a great turkey day (if you live in the US anyway)! Food, football, and family.

After being out in the elements for our last soccer game of the season two weeks ago I spent most of the next 14 days fighting what would have been a mild cold, except my lungs are so damned compromised these days. I've developed a wheeze when I breathe and now I have an albuterol inhaler as part of my arsenal.

Next week it's off to Bethesda again for my next follow up scans. Hoping for the best but this time just before scans is always nerve wracking. The nodule below my navel has gotten a little larger  and I don't know what they'll have to say about that. Personally I'd like them to go in and take it out, but I know that won't happen unless I come out of the trial. One good thing is that when I went to walk-in care they did a chest x-ray, and it didn't show anything new in my chest when compared with the last CT images they had from NIH. Of course an x-ray is not a CT, so we'll see what that one shows next week.

So it's pins and needles time until I hear from my NIH docs a week from Thursday. At least there's turkey to soothe me for a few days. And mince pie.

Have a wonderful holiday!

-Bill

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        AMcReader
        Participant

Hi Bill! I’m so glad you have Thanksgiving and all the fun that it brings to soothe you for the next few days! That last week leading up to a scan certainly can be brutal but I’ll be rooting for only good news! Have a wonderful holiday!

PS –  I still owe you an email back but the last month has been filled with scans and tests while I plot out my next step on this journey (after a bit of a detour with the potential of surgery, I’ll be starting the Ipi/Nivo combo on 12/5). Now that things are starting to calm down, I will write back soon!

sing123
          Participant

Hi Bill! Hope you get good news on your follow up scan!

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics