The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Happy news!

Forums Happy news!

Participant
      After six and a half years from his initial diagnosis and four years after recurrence, a failed yervoy and targeted therapy and finally after two and a half years on keytruda, my husband’s scans ( pet scan and brain MRI) are absolutely clean! We couldn’t be happier and I would like to share this with all of you. I have learnt and still learn so much from this forum, from all of you brave people. Thank you all. We thought that we would live with melanoma as far as it goes, because the tumours were stubborn for a long time. It takes a lot of hope and patience, but some drugs can really do wonders. I wish you all health.
    Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        Johnjk04
        Participant
          MRS? Space Oddity – well hallelujah!!!!! This is some sweet news. Let’s keep your medical horizon boring now. Dr. James Allison, stated if you keep NED three years after immunotherapy, you’ll be in the clear. I asked my oncologist if this was a true statement. His response was 99% of the time. Wishing you and Mr. Space Oddity the best!!!!!
            JudiAU
            Participant
              Wonderful. Wonderful.
            ThinkingPositive
            Participant
              Thank you for sharing the great news! Your husband’s story is very encouraging for me.
              Cindy
              Bubbles
              Participant
                So sorry for all the struggles, but so pleased to hear this news!!! Enjoy!!!! c
                AMcReader
                Participant
                  Oh, Space Oddity, thank you SO MUCH for sharing your husband’s story and great news with us. It really made my day to read this great news!

I recently had a recurrence after doing well for nearly 2 years. I’m on a new treatment plan and I can tell it’s working (it’s the first time I’ve dealt with Mets I can feel), but the mental weight can be hard. I know that immunotherapy and targeted therapy can work for people who deal with recurrence, but it’s much harder to keep the faith once you have a recurrence. Thank you for sharing yours and your husband’s story…it is a light for us!

I wish you both decades of life with no melanoma!

Sending COVID-free, virtual hugs to you both,.

Evan2027
                  Participant
                    Awesome to see great news like this! Happy for you and your husband!
                    SOLE
                    Participant
                      Heartfelt congrats!
                      MelMel
                      Participant
                        Congratulations and continued best wishes! Thank you so much for sharing your terrific news.
                        Melanie
                    Viewing 6 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics