The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Happy NedDay to me!

Forums General Melanoma Community Happy NedDay to me!

Participant

5 years since last surgery!

Yay!  and it's my birthday, so I am gonna go and have a facial.  And get my nails done and happily answer the question about how I got those nasty scars on my finger and hand.

Y'all have a great holiday weekend.  Celebrate with a chocolate bunny even if you aren't into Easter.  Chocolate has no particular religious affiliation, of that I am pretty sure.

take good care, k.

5 years since last surgery!

Yay!  and it's my birthday, so I am gonna go and have a facial.  And get my nails done and happily answer the question about how I got those nasty scars on my finger and hand.

Y'all have a great holiday weekend.  Celebrate with a chocolate bunny even if you aren't into Easter.  Chocolate has no particular religious affiliation, of that I am pretty sure.

take good care, k.

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Kim,

Happy NED day and Happy Birthday!  Great things to celebrate….5 years.  I'm very happy that you posted.

Take care.

Stay Strong
          King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Kimmer
            Participant

Thanks Kathie!  How are y'all doing in your new house?  I hope you are getting settled in.  We still have about a month before our new little townhouse is completed.  Someone else is doing all the work and it will be brand spankin' new.

Have fun hiding eggs with Ava!

k.

Kimmer
              Participant

Thanks Kathie!  How are y'all doing in your new house?  I hope you are getting settled in.  We still have about a month before our new little townhouse is completed.  Someone else is doing all the work and it will be brand spankin' new.

Have fun hiding eggs with Ava!

k.

King
              Participant

Kim,

Happy NED day and Happy Birthday!  Great things to celebrate….5 years.  I'm very happy that you posted.

Take care.

Stay Strong
                King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

TinaR
                Participant

Happy Everything to  you!  Have a great day.

Uh, chocolate has no particular religious affiliation? Wow, I wish I had known this 10 pounds and many years ago…I've been worshiping it forever! Yikes. I will continue, enthusiastically…but it won't be exactly the same. Did you know that it's almost impossible to find a retail chocolate bunny with almonds? I only like nutty chocolate…I found a candy store that will custom make your bunny! I'm in heaven… isn't THAT religious? I don't know, I think you might be wrong…

🙂

Kimmer
                    Participant

You do have a point there Rox. 

Nice that Heaven can be a place on Earth.

k.

Kimmer
                      Participant

You do have a point there Rox. 

Nice that Heaven can be a place on Earth.

k.

TinaR
                      Participant

Happy Everything to  you!  Have a great day.

Uh, chocolate has no particular religious affiliation? Wow, I wish I had known this 10 pounds and many years ago…I've been worshiping it forever! Yikes. I will continue, enthusiastically…but it won't be exactly the same. Did you know that it's almost impossible to find a retail chocolate bunny with almonds? I only like nutty chocolate…I found a candy store that will custom make your bunny! I'm in heaven… isn't THAT religious? I don't know, I think you might be wrong…

🙂

dian in spokane
                        Participant

Happy Everything…though…how sucky that you had to have cancer surgery on your birthday! On the other hand, it's a great day to have a double celebration!

dian

dian in spokane
                          Participant

Happy Everything…though…how sucky that you had to have cancer surgery on your birthday! On the other hand, it's a great day to have a double celebration!

dian

Kimmer
                              Participant

It's a funny story, tho Dian.  Got a minute?  I had seen the surgeon a couple days before and he was excited that my PET/CT scan was clear after the excision of the little tumor that had popped up turned out to be metastatic melanoma.  He said that he still wanted to do a WLE and could schedule it on the 22nd.  Hubs chimed in that it was my birthday (can't believe he remembered) and I said that we should just get it over.  (The PET/CT result had me over the moon with happys.)

I have no problem with anesthesia whatsoever and could just have the MACS kind for this excision…so no worries, especially with the doc saying that is was just a precaution and he was sure that nothing would come up in pathology.  Everyone remembered me from the week before because my veins refuse to be IVd, so they were all really nice.  I babbled with the nurse who controlled my consciousness, although I did feel it sometimes…and she would zap me to sleep each time so that was odd.

The nice surgeon walked the excision tissue to the lab because he knew the story of THAT OTHER HOSPITAL losing the primary excision tissue.  I went into a glass cubicle in the recovery room and babbled along, full of the pain meds and having, literally a high old time.  I did wanna go home tho, so she called the doc who said that he was on his way.  "Doc, I am telling you she is WIDE awake."  Think I must have been annoying? 

Now my left hand was bandaged up to my elbow and the IV was in my right elbow joint with that arm covered in 12 stick marks with 12 gauze pads, so the only place for the blood pressure cuff was around an ankle.  The nurse stepped out to get away from me, I think, and the fancy Windows based blood pressure cuff thing kept pumping up, tight, tighter, tighter.  I jumped up off the bed, trying to hop around on my one unattached leg to get someone's attention or get to the monitor to shut the darned thing off before I lost a foot when the doc shows up with Cafeteria Cake For My Birthday.

Hilarity ensued and we ate the not chocolate, not so good cake.  He let me go home, figuring that I was okay. 

Hubs gave me a newfangled, back then, IPOD when we got home 'cos he loves to give me techie birthday stuff.  We downloaded iTunes and I was really trying to understand how to do the downloads and add pictures, but well the pain meds…   I think he got annoyed with me too, and sent me to bed and told me to just go to sleep.  I woke up and there were people in the kitchen with presents and dinner and CHOCOLATE CAKE to help me celebrate many things.

I love the memory of that day.

🙂 k.

Kimmer
                                Participant

It's a funny story, tho Dian.  Got a minute?  I had seen the surgeon a couple days before and he was excited that my PET/CT scan was clear after the excision of the little tumor that had popped up turned out to be metastatic melanoma.  He said that he still wanted to do a WLE and could schedule it on the 22nd.  Hubs chimed in that it was my birthday (can't believe he remembered) and I said that we should just get it over.  (The PET/CT result had me over the moon with happys.)

I have no problem with anesthesia whatsoever and could just have the MACS kind for this excision…so no worries, especially with the doc saying that is was just a precaution and he was sure that nothing would come up in pathology.  Everyone remembered me from the week before because my veins refuse to be IVd, so they were all really nice.  I babbled with the nurse who controlled my consciousness, although I did feel it sometimes…and she would zap me to sleep each time so that was odd.

The nice surgeon walked the excision tissue to the lab because he knew the story of THAT OTHER HOSPITAL losing the primary excision tissue.  I went into a glass cubicle in the recovery room and babbled along, full of the pain meds and having, literally a high old time.  I did wanna go home tho, so she called the doc who said that he was on his way.  "Doc, I am telling you she is WIDE awake."  Think I must have been annoying? 

Now my left hand was bandaged up to my elbow and the IV was in my right elbow joint with that arm covered in 12 stick marks with 12 gauze pads, so the only place for the blood pressure cuff was around an ankle.  The nurse stepped out to get away from me, I think, and the fancy Windows based blood pressure cuff thing kept pumping up, tight, tighter, tighter.  I jumped up off the bed, trying to hop around on my one unattached leg to get someone's attention or get to the monitor to shut the darned thing off before I lost a foot when the doc shows up with Cafeteria Cake For My Birthday.

Hilarity ensued and we ate the not chocolate, not so good cake.  He let me go home, figuring that I was okay. 

Hubs gave me a newfangled, back then, IPOD when we got home 'cos he loves to give me techie birthday stuff.  We downloaded iTunes and I was really trying to understand how to do the downloads and add pictures, but well the pain meds…   I think he got annoyed with me too, and sent me to bed and told me to just go to sleep.  I woke up and there were people in the kitchen with presents and dinner and CHOCOLATE CAKE to help me celebrate many things.

I love the memory of that day.

🙂 k.

dian in spokane
                                Participant

dian

dian in spokane
                                  Participant

dian

Bonnie Lea
                                    Participant

yeah Kim happy happy birthday and congrats to Hubs for not getting infections, and maybe that poor doggie is out of quarantine, and in a GOOOOOD home with a responsible owner.

Getting nails done.  somehow reminds me of lasts weeks sleep study, the upper strap around my boobs (which aint there) kept on slippling down, until the tech fashioned a makeshift hammer.  apparently boobs would keep it up where they want it to be.  not me,  it kept falling to my invisible waist.

No Choco here,  Had to miss out on easter sunday dinner with kids,  mamma cannot travel.  Bob has a wee turkey he will put on the bbq and I shall give mom a slice of that.  (but she wont have mashed spuds or gravy or usual stuff, as hmmm I dunno Maybe get some tiling done.

But going today for Dim Sum lunch with JLE and her BF (soon I hope to be SIL)  if he ever proposes.!   CONGRATS again dear Kim.  get bright red paint on those nails and show us.

Bonnie Lea
                                        Participant

errrr make that hammer into a makeshift HALTER

Bonnie Lea
                                          Participant

errrr make that hammer into a makeshift HALTER

Kimmer
                                            Participant

Bonnie,

I am sorry that you will miss that Easter Sunday dinner!  I know that you will have a great holiday because you always have Joy all around you.  It just kinda gathers up and follows wherever you tread.

You just crack me up.

Love to you, Friend.

k.

Kimmer
                                              Participant

Bonnie,

I am sorry that you will miss that Easter Sunday dinner!  I know that you will have a great holiday because you always have Joy all around you.  It just kinda gathers up and follows wherever you tread.

You just crack me up.

Love to you, Friend.

k.

Bonnie Lea
                                              Participant

yeah Kim happy happy birthday and congrats to Hubs for not getting infections, and maybe that poor doggie is out of quarantine, and in a GOOOOOD home with a responsible owner.

Getting nails done.  somehow reminds me of lasts weeks sleep study, the upper strap around my boobs (which aint there) kept on slippling down, until the tech fashioned a makeshift hammer.  apparently boobs would keep it up where they want it to be.  not me,  it kept falling to my invisible waist.

No Choco here,  Had to miss out on easter sunday dinner with kids,  mamma cannot travel.  Bob has a wee turkey he will put on the bbq and I shall give mom a slice of that.  (but she wont have mashed spuds or gravy or usual stuff, as hmmm I dunno Maybe get some tiling done.

But going today for Dim Sum lunch with JLE and her BF (soon I hope to be SIL)  if he ever proposes.!   CONGRATS again dear Kim.  get bright red paint on those nails and show us.

Janner
                                                Participant

Hip Hip Hooray!  Congrat!  Have a great party day!

Janner

Kimmer
                                                    Participant

Thanks Jan.  I shall, I shall.  Hubs is out sailing, but he and his sailing bud are taking me to dinner.  Tthen maybe I will officially be given this Xoom tablet thing that I have been playing with all week since finding it hiding here in the tiny corporate apartment where we have 4 more weeks to reside.

Have a good one! k.

Kimmer
                                                      Participant

Thanks Jan.  I shall, I shall.  Hubs is out sailing, but he and his sailing bud are taking me to dinner.  Tthen maybe I will officially be given this Xoom tablet thing that I have been playing with all week since finding it hiding here in the tiny corporate apartment where we have 4 more weeks to reside.

Have a good one! k.

Janner
                                                      Participant

Hip Hip Hooray!  Congrat!  Have a great party day!

Janner

jag
                                                        Participant

Congratulations Kim!

Usually the posts directing people come across as a bit cold, but in this case, I think it would be a great thing for you to do.

Enjoy your chocolate bunny and god bless.

John

Kimmer
                                                            Participant

John,

You are right as always, but the fact that I am like the luckiest person walking the planet is not lost me.  Ever.  Growing up Catholic leads one to have lots of guilt, you see. 

It is a harsh recovery.

Thanks so much for the good wishes.  I will wander over to the regular board with the intention only of offering HOPE.  It is certainly more powerful than guilt.

You are a nice man, JAG, and yes they did give me Birthday Wine at the salon this afternoon.  But I still say think that you are a nice man.

k.

Kimmer
                                                              Participant

John,

You are right as always, but the fact that I am like the luckiest person walking the planet is not lost me.  Ever.  Growing up Catholic leads one to have lots of guilt, you see. 

It is a harsh recovery.

Thanks so much for the good wishes.  I will wander over to the regular board with the intention only of offering HOPE.  It is certainly more powerful than guilt.

You are a nice man, JAG, and yes they did give me Birthday Wine at the salon this afternoon.  But I still say think that you are a nice man.

k.

jag
                                                              Participant

Congratulations Kim!

Usually the posts directing people come across as a bit cold, but in this case, I think it would be a great thing for you to do.

Enjoy your chocolate bunny and god bless.

John

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics