The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Happy Father’s Day

Forums General Melanoma Community Happy Father’s Day

Participant

Just wanted to wish all the Dads a relaxing, happy day. I hope you are all enjoying time with your families.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Hi Amie,

I hope you are celebrating Father's Day.  I had responded to one of your posts in early May, a few days after you had received your husband's Stage IV diagnosis.  I told you my story…Stage IV since 2005.  Well, I told you my scans were coming up and I would post my results.  Well, the wonderul news is that I remain NED.  I have been NED for 10 years.  Hang onto hope!  I hope your husband is doing well.

Stay Strong

King/Kathie

Coragirl
            Participant

Kathie! I have been waiting for this post. I am so happy to hear your wonderful news. All the people who responded to my first few posts helped me so much and I think of you all every day. My husband is doing well, he is two weeks out from his second infusion of Opdivo. He is feeling good and taking great care of himself. He spent the day relaxing and cooking, he loves to cook for us. I am very lucky. I hope you have plans to celebrate 10 years NED! Amazing.

Johnjk04
              Participant

Thank you so much Mrs. Amie. You are a thoughtful and positive person. It's nice to see you become more confident about your husband's prognosis. I really enjoy seeing you sending uplifting thoughts to others. So there will be a lot of ups and downs for both of you but I feel everything is going to be all right. May our God continue to bless your family.

Coragirl
                Participant

John, Thank you I want to be able to make someone feel a little better if I can. Like I have said many times I am truly grateful for the people on this forum. This is such a hard place to be and it is important that everyone has support. I have learned more about Melanoma from MPIP than from the doctors at MD Anderson. I have also felt everyone's kindness and caring, which helped me get through the first couple of weeks. I hope I can return that kindness. Hope you had a wonderful day today and that you are feeling good. You are in my prayers ( really, I don't just say that). Also my husband is grateful too, he reads he just doesn't post.

TexMelanomex
                Participant

Thanks Amie, sorry for the late reply. I have been traveling and slowly get caught up on here as I can. I hope your husband is taking the fight to the enemy and things are improving. Sometimes just getting into the fight is a relief vs waiting. Stay strong, you are both in my thoughts and prayers as you fight to victory over this bastard of an enemy!

Warrior On!

Viewing 1 reply thread
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics