The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Happy Anniversary

Forums General Melanoma Community Happy Anniversary

Participant

It's been a year since my husbands surgery.  Stage IV, 8mm tumor removed from his right arm.  Every day has been a gift.  Its been 4 months since we ended Opdivo treatments and although we are still dealing with side effects and after effects, the scans are clear.  I am so grateful for each day.  I read here daily on the success stories and the struggles.  They help me stay hopeful and grounded.  I dont say much on here in responses, but I do say prayers for you all and shed tears as well.  Everyone here has become family.  Thank you all. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        cancersnewnormal
        Participant

Happy Anniversary and CONGRATS to you and your husband on the continued success! Side effects and after effects are certainly no fun, but clear scans can put a smile on the face even when it hurts to lift the cheeks! ; )

cancersnewnormal
          Participant

Happy Anniversary and CONGRATS to you and your husband on the continued success! Side effects and after effects are certainly no fun, but clear scans can put a smile on the face even when it hurts to lift the cheeks! ; )

cancersnewnormal
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics