The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

halo nevus and previous melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community halo nevus and previous melanoma

Participant
      So back in october i was diagnosed with stage 1a melanoma. Had the wle done and a few minor scares since then which after biopsied turned out to be nothing. Well over the last month i noticed a mole raising and becoming inflammed. I finally got in to my derm today and he removed it and said it didnt look too concerning but he said he also noticed another mole that had changed and was becoming a halo nevus. He checked the rest of my trunk area, found nothing of note and sent me on my way.

What did i do? Stupidly i went online to find out that sometimes a halo nevus forming at my age can mean melanoma is elsewhere on the body or even internally! Needless to say im panicing again. Any advice or info or comfort anyone can provide will be most helpful. Oh and he did remove the halo nevus. Thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        stars
        Participant

Hey, Gordknight, don't panic- you are doing everything right. I didn't think halo nevus were of particular concern. They are quite common. This link should put your mind at ease;

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1057446-overview

Hope the pathology on the removed mole is all clear, and you can move on with life with regular skin checks, sun safety and vigilance of your own skin and any changes.

stars
          Participant

Hey, Gordknight, don't panic- you are doing everything right. I didn't think halo nevus were of particular concern. They are quite common. This link should put your mind at ease;

Hope the pathology on the removed mole is all clear, and you can move on with life with regular skin checks, sun safety and vigilance of your own skin and any changes.

stars
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics