The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Grover’s Disease (rash)

Forums General Melanoma Community Grover’s Disease (rash)

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

Hello!

My husband (stage 3b) has had 4 in-transits on scalp since his scalp WLE in Dec., 2015. He has been in the "close observation" status and gets PET scans, neck ultrasounds and bloodwork every 3 months, which have been clear so far. He was getting scans in December when I pointed out a mole on his shoulder that had been red and changing. After the punch biopsy, results came back as basal cell but they did not get clean margins so he is scheduled for a MOH's procedure in March. Two weeks ago he came down with a rash on his chest that has spread to his belly and back. We went to the dermatologist at the melanoma center where he is treated. (MD Anderson) The dermatologist diagnosed it as Grover's Disease which is an itchy rash that is most seen in men over the age of 50. They prescribed a topical steroid cream but said there is no cure and it's a benign rash of unknown cause? I'm wondering now if his system is weakening or if this basal cell lesion and now the rash are all signs of more going on. They didn't seem overly concerned at the appointment yesterday and never mentioned it having any correlation with melanoma. I'm just wondering if his immune system is getting more compromised and of course, worrying about the spread of melanoma. It has been 5 months since he's had an in-transit on his scalp and he had no suspicious spots biopsied yesterday. For a while there he was having an intransit every 2-3 months. Just wondering if any of you have had this rash or have any advice or insight. Reading Google doesn't help! :-/

thank you,

Kim

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics