The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Great scans!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Great scans!!!

Participant

My husband, Bill just had scans and thankfully there was nothing new!! We had such a scare last spring when there was something new in his liver but it wasn’t cancer. Bill is taking a month off his breast cancer drug ( he has the her-2 mutation) because his liver enzymes are very high. He’s been stage 4 for five and a half years. 

I read this board often to get the latest and greatest from Celeste, Ed and Brian P. I hope all is well with you Brian.

My prayers are with all warriors and their families!!❤️

Maureen

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Oh, Maureen!  I had been thinking of you and Bill!!!  (Basically anytime I hear, read, etc ANYTHING about HER-2 mutations!!! HA!!….as well as other moments, too!)  So very happy for you both!  That is great news!  If we ever get melanoma figured out for everyone it will be something, won't it???  Thankfully, you and Bill are showing us the way…. Love, c

Maureen038
            Participant

Thanks so much Celeste for your support and all you do for this forum. It’s wonderful to take a moment to breathe and appreciate all the advances with treatments for melanoma. And then there will be the lingering fear of the unknown and the guilt that so many special people have died of this disease including Artie and Josh and so many others. I volunteer at a nonprofit that offers free support for cancer patients and their families. It helps.

Maureen

Bubbles
              Participant

Big hugs, my dear. Big hugs.  Perhaps we will meet someday!  love, c

Maureen038
                Participant

I would love that Celeste!❤️

Maureen

CindyJ
                Participant

That’s great news! My mother is on a breast cancer drug too, Ibrance. She had a genomic test and has a CCND1 mutation. Last three scans show her lymph node shrinking and possible lung met resolved. Best wishes for continued success! Cindy  

Maureen038
                    Participant

That’s wonderful news Cindy!! Best wishes to you and your mom too!

Maureen

BrianP
                    Participant

WooHoo!  So good to hear from you Maureen and to hear Bill is doing so well.  That is amazing!  I'm doing great.  Thanks for asking.  If you remember I had my CAR-T treatment at MDA in Dec 16 followed by 4 ipi infusions.  Coming up on a year of no treatments and still stable.  I'm on the 3 month scan program now but Dr. last visit brought up the idea of going to 4 months so he's feeling a bit more optimistic.  I know you guys know what it's like to live life in 3 month intervals so going to 4 doesn't seem like much to most people but it sure would be nice to me.  

Thanks for updating us.  Can never get enough of the good news.

Brian

Maureen038
                        Participant

That’s so awesome Brian!! I’m so happy to hear that. Hugs to you and your family!!!

Maureen

Viewing 2 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics