The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Great news!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Great news!!!

Participant

Bill had liver surgery yesterday and the liver met was NOT cancer!!! His liver has taken a beating with the her-2 chemo drug and it's degenerative tissue. Unfortunately, they had to do regular surgery and they removed his gall bladder too. I don't know if they will just have him take a break from the drug or he won't be able to take it anymore. What matters right now is being so grateful that it wasn't cancer!! As all of you know it's one day at a time.

Wishing all of you the best especially Brian P and Jake. You are both in my prayers so much!!

Maureen

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        sister of patient
        Participant

Hello Maureen,

Yes, any time there's a negative for C, it's great news!! Thank you for sharing and best to you and Bill – wishing him a speedy recovery!

Barb

NSNewf
          Participant

Congratulations. Great News!  

Bubbles
            Participant

So happy for you both!  May he have a rapid recovery!!  love, c

Maureen038
                Participant

Thanks so much Celeste for all of your support!!

love,

maureen

Patrisa
                Participant

Excellent news, sooo happy for you both!!

love,

Patrisa

Maureen038
                    Participant

Thank you Patrisa!!

BrianP
                    Participant

So happy for you Maureen.  Hope Bill is recovering nicely from his surgery.  He is some trooper. 

Thanks for the shout out.  I'm doing well.  Like many I'm hurting emotionally with some of our news of late on here so hearing your news is very needed.  As for me my scans from about a month ago still show stable to ever so slightly less disease.  It appears as though I'm still getting some response from my Trial at MDA last December.  So for the time being I'm living life in 3 month increments until the next scan. 

Give Bill my best. 

Brian

Maureen038
                        Participant

Thanks so much for your support Brian!! I know that it's been very emotionally draining to lose so many great people lately. It doesn't get any easier the more it happens. It just reminds all of us how deadly this disease can be.

I'm so happy to hear that you're a little better than stable!! Bill came home from the hospital after two nights and is gradually feeling better. I'm sure we will be back to three month scans too. He wants to resume his game of golf asap. Bill says to tell you thanks for the best wishes from one warrior to another. Take care Brian and hugs to your family!

Maureen

Speedster
                        Participant

Woo hoo!  Celebrate the victories!! 

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics