The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Great football yesterday!!!!! (And what’s up with all the Pink?!)

Forums General Melanoma Community Great football yesterday!!!!! (And what’s up with all the Pink?!)

Participant

We had much fun watching football yesterday!!  Lots of good games (and of course, my beloved Colts won so that makes the day even better 🙂

I also saw the pink for National Breast Cancer awareness month… you know, just how much money is the ACS raking in with these promotions?  NFL, Target, Yoplait, M&Ms, General Mills, Nature Valley, Progresso, FritoLay, Pepsi, and on-and-on-and-on… are all turning pink for the month – my mind can't even fathom how much money this is generating!!!

We had much fun watching football yesterday!!  Lots of good games (and of course, my beloved Colts won so that makes the day even better 🙂

I also saw the pink for National Breast Cancer awareness month… you know, just how much money is the ACS raking in with these promotions?  NFL, Target, Yoplait, M&Ms, General Mills, Nature Valley, Progresso, FritoLay, Pepsi, and on-and-on-and-on… are all turning pink for the month – my mind can't even fathom how much money this is generating!!!

Not to take away from breast cancer, but surely, now that it is no longer the #1 killer of women, they could share just a smidgeon of that vast fortune? 

And I'll admit, my cynical side has kicked in, too, while thinking of the tons and tons of money being raked in… wonder how many people are getting rich off the campaign?

Cyn

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics