The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good News

Forums General Melanoma Community Good News

Participant
      Hello all I just wanted to share some good news. My husband had scans today and he remains ned. He stopped treatment with Opdivo in March due to pnuemonitis. He had 2 rounds of steroids to control his symptoms from the pneumonitis, and that is improving as well. Hope everyone finds some happiness this week.
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          YAY!!!! I am so happy for you and your husband, Amie!!! That’s great. I just put up a post with 2 studies showing folks treated with anti–PD-1 as a single agent, but had to stop therapy due to side effects, STILL demonstrated durable responses! I hope all his symptoms of side effects resolve completely very soon! Thanks for sharing! celeste
            Coragirl
            Participant
              Thanks Celeste, your research helps ease so much anxiety!
            Johnjk04
            Participant
              Wow – I never expected that Amie.
                Coragirl
                Participant
                  I feel like you just know things. You are a Zen master.
                MarkR
                Participant
                  Congratulations that’s great news!!
                  AMcReader
                  Participant
                    Oh, Amie, I am just THRILLED for you two! Sending you happy NED forever vibes!!
                      Coragirl
                      Participant
                        Amanda! How are you? I have been thinking of you.
                        AMcReader
                        Participant
                          I’m doing great! I’ve been off of immunotherapy since January 31. My liver had a crazy response after the third dose of the combo (my ALT got up to 2600!) but my lung tumor had already shrunk considerably when we did scans at that same time. I then added in radiation to my large lung tumor and on July 31, I found out that was gone. My plan was to go onto Nivo single therapy but I already had 9 months of the Nivo in my system and I was responding well so I decided to wait and see. I still have two lymph nodes in my lung that are shrinking each time we scan but are currently measurable. I remain hopeful that I’m going to get that glorious NED badge soon though because I just think my body was worrying about getting rid of the big one first. In the meantime, I’ve been enjoying the heck out of this summer! We traveled a LOT and spent a ton of time just enjoying our family and friends!
                          Coragirl
                          Participant
                            That’s great, I’m so happy to hear you are doing so well! I am sending you positivity every day. I have a feeling you are going to beat this!
                            Coragirl
                            Participant
                              That’s great, I’m so happy to hear you are doing so well! I am sending you positivity every day. I have a feeling you are going to beat this!
                            jbronicki
                            Participant
                              WOO HOO AMIE! So glad for you and your husband. I definitely know how hard the time before the scans are but so proud of you! That is such a relief to hear. Enjoy the rest of the week and relax and get some sleep. Hugs, Jackie
                                Coragirl
                                Participant
                                  Hi Jackie, you are so supportive to so many here. Thank you! I’m going to try and not think of melanoma for another 90 days! I promised Allyn I would not say a word about cancer. We are just going to have fun, travel a little and enjoy our kids. Hope you have a good week.
                                obtu.bt
                                Participant
                                  Perfect I love to read good news:))
                              Viewing 5 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics