The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good Bye Interferon!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Good Bye Interferon!!

Participant

Today I am happy to announce that my twin sister who was diagnosed while 5months pregnant with stage 3b on Sept 09 is injecting herself for the last time with interferon. She completed the 1 month of high dose and went on to the 12 month maintance. What a year!!!! Rollercoaster ride would be an understatement! We just had to learn to hold on for the ride!

Today I am happy to announce that my twin sister who was diagnosed while 5months pregnant with stage 3b on Sept 09 is injecting herself for the last time with interferon. She completed the 1 month of high dose and went on to the 12 month maintance. What a year!!!! Rollercoaster ride would be an understatement! We just had to learn to hold on for the ride!

Although throughout her treatment she was able to maintain a somewhat normal life, she dosen't remember a lot from the early months of having her new born baby. So my prayer for her is that now that she is done that she will be able to thrive and live life to the fullest mentally, physically, spiritually and that the memories she is able to make with her now 1 year old and 7 year old will be the best ever!

So I say GOOD BYE cancer!! Can't say our family will miss you at all. Little did you know that you would bring our family together, make us stronger, you taught  us how to laugh, taught us how to cry and most of all you taught us how to love!!! So cancer even though we hope that you are gone forever, the lesson will remain in our hearts. 

If you could please keep her in your thoughts and prayers her exit scans are Friday… We remain cautiously optimistic about the future and we pray for many more years of being N.E.D!! indecision

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Wishing your sister well in having clear scans and wishing you all the best in days to come! Good for her to complete a year od interferon. Its a tough regime!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Laurie from maine
            Participant

Wow that is amazing she did a year of interferon and had a baby in the same year? wow, strong girl!!  She must be beyond thrilled to get that behind her.  Hope you are all celebrating!  Good luck with her scans and wishing all the best.

thanks for posting

laurie

Laurie from maine
              Participant

Wow that is amazing she did a year of interferon and had a baby in the same year? wow, strong girl!!  She must be beyond thrilled to get that behind her.  Hope you are all celebrating!  Good luck with her scans and wishing all the best.

thanks for posting

laurie

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Wishing your sister well in having clear scans and wishing you all the best in days to come! Good for her to complete a year od interferon. Its a tough regime!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Phil S
                Participant

I am so happy to hear that your sister finished her year of interferon.  What an accomplishment, especially with a young child at home.  My husband has three months of interferon left to complete his year . God Bless and good thoughts coming your way for her exit scans.  Wishing her many, many,many years of NED.    Valerie (Phil's wife)

Phil S
                  Participant

I am so happy to hear that your sister finished her year of interferon.  What an accomplishment, especially with a young child at home.  My husband has three months of interferon left to complete his year . God Bless and good thoughts coming your way for her exit scans.  Wishing her many, many,many years of NED.    Valerie (Phil's wife)

jtheisen29
                    Participant

Thanks everyone:) She is happy to be able to start putting cancer behind her, the shots unfortunately were always a ugly reminder melanoma. We will never forget what she went through or where know where the melanoma road will bring us in the future.. but all we can do is keep on living. 

Thanks MRF board for being there when we needed you:)

jtheisen29
                      Participant

Thanks everyone:) She is happy to be able to start putting cancer behind her, the shots unfortunately were always a ugly reminder melanoma. We will never forget what she went through or where know where the melanoma road will bring us in the future.. but all we can do is keep on living. 

Thanks MRF board for being there when we needed you:)

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics