The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Glembatumumab / pembrolizumab clinical trial

Forums General Melanoma Community Glembatumumab / pembrolizumab clinical trial

Participant

Tomorrow I will be starting a clinical trial with the 2 above.  A bit nervous.  I did 3-10 mg Yervoy when stage IIIa, but progressed.  Then started Opvido/Yervoy Jan 5th did all 4 treatments.  Had a PET scan and progressed to lungs and effected lymph nodes had double in size.  Plus, I have intransit lesions all over my right foot.  The primary was on the bottom of right foot.  I am feeling hopeful.  It has been 6 weeks since I had any drugs in my body and I just feel like it is growing and growing.  I can see it daily on my foot.

Anyone else done or doing this trial?

Donna

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

I friend of mine took glembatumab alone.  He did well … though there were a few more old-school chemo effects than advertised…thinner hair, etc.  But he credits it with saving his life for a year when he had no other options.  He took Keytruda aftwards and continues to do pretty well.  Here is what info I have:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/search?q=vedotin&max-results=20&by-date=true  

Hopefully combining it with the pembro will make it even better.  I wish you well.  Celeste

UBContributor
          Participant

good luck with new treatment. pls keep us posted

cf91
              Participant

I'm currently in a trial of Glembatumuab & Varlilumab.  Thursday will be my 6th dose.  Should also get scan results then so keeping my fingers crossed.  This treatment has been the toughest on me (this makes my 5th different treatment & second trial).  I have lost my hair, extreme joint pain in my legs, blister like rash that burns, loss of appetite and itchiness.  I know not everyone responds the same, so I wish you the best of luch!  Keep us posted.

dmturner
                Participant

Since Monday, I have loss 7 pounds.  No appetite.  This is the first treatment that I think I am having side effects.  I just hope my intransit lesions on my right foot stop.  It is getting crazy.

Best of luck to you!!

dmturner
                  Participant

My hair fell out, just had a friend come and shave it for me.  Plus, no appetite, no get up and go and loss of energy.  2md infusion is tomorrow.  I hope this is working.  I feel like poo!!

BrianP
                    Participant

So sorry Donna.  Hang in there.  Good luck with the infusion tomorrow.

dmturner
                      Participant

Thank you, Brian.  2nd treatment went a lot better.  Big time rash and itchiness lasted a week or so.  More hair loss.  Makes for a quick get ready and go.  LOL.  Should be having 1st scan this coming week.

Viewing 1 reply thread
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics