The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Giving Thanks

Forums General Melanoma Community Giving Thanks

Participant

No matter where you are, or what you do – wishing all who celebrate a 'Happy Thanksgiving.'

My melanoma nightmare began 1 year ago at this time (diagnosis day before; consent forms for treatment day after) – and so I cannot help but reflect.  This year I am thankful for all the advances in medical treatment – and for all of you!

Your posts have provided endless inspiration, answers to lingering questions, and lots of support!  While the battle is different for each of us, I know we are on the same team.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        marta010
        Participant

I appreciate your sentiments and wish you a happy Thanksgiving!  We are also feeling thankful and blessed – my husband was diagnosed 5 1/2 years ago and continues treatment.  We've had many dark days and although he is still battling, we are thankful that he is currently stable.  When he was first diagnosed, I had so little hope that he would survive.  His journey has not been easy but we are so thankful that he has been able to watch our son graduate from college, walk our daughter down the aisle at her wedding, help both our kids purchase new homes and we just learned that we are going to be grandparents!! I can't help but send prayers to all of you who are battling and wish you the blessing of many years and much joy with your families.  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Take Care.

Ann

J.bun
            Participant

Ann – wonderful to hear how your husband and family have been able to ‘keep going’ and living life. congrats on the most recent news! Many wishes for ongoing success in his treatments. 

TexMelanomex
            Participant

Happy Thanksgiving to you too J! I am thankful for this site and for being alive to spend another Thanksgiving with my family. I am thankful for all the Warriors that have been inspirational and informative and I wish all of you much success in your battles!

J.bun
                Participant

I’ve always thought – none of us needed melanoma to remind us to be thankful to be alive each day, but it certainly puts things in perspective.  I hope your side effects ease quickly from the most recent treatment. 

Enjoy your thanksgiving Tex!

jennunicorn
                Participant

Happy Thanksgiving to you too J! I am always thankful for this great group of people and support. Hope you are doing well. 

J.bun
                    Participant

Thanks Jenn!  … overall doing well, next PET CT is Monday, so fingers crossed for a good report. 

Have a great holiday. 

CancerSpouse
                    Participant

J., Ann & everyone else:

Thanks for taking the time to reflect and share above. I, too, appreciate and am immensely grateful for this group. Like Ann, thanks to the advances in fighting this disease, I look forward to my husband being there for our son's graduation from college next year and even from grad school. Was a grateful individual before John's metastatic melanoma diagnosis in September, but am grateful with greater perspective now. 

Be well!

Carol

Viewing 3 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics