The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Getting ready to start IL-2 Combo trial.

Forums General Melanoma Community Getting ready to start IL-2 Combo trial.

Participant

So after the last two scans were done yesterday exactly 2 weeks apart, it has become apparent that we need to do something drastic. Hubby is going to start the high dose IL-2 and Aflibercept combo trial in about 10 days if all tests come back next week ok for stress test, etc.

We have reached a crossroads where the disease progression is moving very fast and every day becomes more symtomatic and more painful.

After failing multiple trials with initial response, then progression, we are going to try another but its one we we have not been wanting to do EVER….well, the IL2 pat of it. Of course we know the statistics of the IL2 and how miserable the treatment can be. Please pray he can get some relief from it after, even if only for a short time until something new comes our way.

Krista

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Fen
        Participant

Sending huge, giant prayers.  Please keep posting if you feel like it.  Hope this is an effective treatment for your husband.

Fen

Fen
          Participant

Sending huge, giant prayers.  Please keep posting if you feel like it.  Hope this is an effective treatment for your husband.

Fen

Fen
            Participant

Fen

Gwen in Maine
              Participant

Keeping you and your husband in my positive thoughts. I hope that he can get on to the IL-2 combo treatment and that it provides him some relief.

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                Participant

Keeping you and your husband in my positive thoughts. I hope that he can get on to the IL-2 combo treatment and that it provides him some relief.

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                  Participant

Gwen

eric w
                    Participant

Not sure if he has the nras mutation..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22130161/

pookerpb
                        Participant
                          Not sure either but that is a great source of information. You all amaze with me all the articles of research….I am praying he has nras mutation.
                          pookerpb
                          Participant
                            Not sure either but that is a great source of information. You all amaze with me all the articles of research….I am praying he has nras mutation.
                            pookerpb
                            Participant
                            eric w
                            Participant

eric w
                              Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics