The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Genetic testing of tumor

Forums General Melanoma Community Genetic testing of tumor

Participant
      I have have stage 3B melanoma and it was removed form my groin lymph nodes. They are doing genetic test on the tumor to see what direction needs to be taken.I researched it and their us a lot of information , it makes my head spin. I would like advice on questions I need to ask my doctor when we review the results. thank you in advance.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          Ian the following two videos are from a couple of years ago before covid-19 made getting together difficult. The standards having changed and the discussion is a good one with some of the leading experts in melanoma. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eov56UjzO18&t=21s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vskLWHO7gb8&t=40s
          mmbraddock
          Participant
            Hi!
            I was disagnosed 3b in January. Are they testing for Braf+? If so that is probably to see if you are a candidate for targeted therapy. I had an ultrasound biopsy after the needle biopsy to check for braf+. I was Braf+ and doing targeted therapy w/ Braf/Mek. I would be interested if it is another type of genetic testing. Hang in there.
            MM
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics