The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Gained a guardian angel & new found respect for those still fighting…

Forums General Melanoma Community Gained a guardian angel & new found respect for those still fighting…

Participant

Hello Everyone,

My best friend lost her battle today. 4 months after a stage IV diagnosis and a ten year battle with various forms of cancer. She died in her home, with her family around her & thank God for morphine, not in any pain.

I salute all of you fighting this terrible disease. I will forever be a supporter of melanoma research & will do my part to help find a cure. I promise this to this wonderful woman so many people lost today & I promise this to all of you… Keep fighting, and for the ones we lost, may you all rest in peace.

I love you Tam. You will forverer be in my heart and soul, the sound of your laughter will never fade.

Love always,

Manda

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        casagrayson
        Participant

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.  I lost one this year as well.  What a beast this disease is!

casagrayson
          Participant

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.  I lost one this year as well.  What a beast this disease is!

casagrayson
            Participant

JustMeInCA
              Participant

I'm very sorry about your friend. She had a long journey with cancer, but I'm certain none of you were ready for her to go. I'm glad it was peaceful.

JustMeInCA
                Participant

I'm very sorry about your friend. She had a long journey with cancer, but I'm certain none of you were ready for her to go. I'm glad it was peaceful.

JustMeInCA
                  Participant

kylez
                    Participant

I read your updates about your best friend. She got some measure of relief for a few weeks or maybe a month, after getting WBR. That was after after many weeks of agony when cyber knife had failed. I'm sorry that it was just too much to overcome, and in such a short time. I'm certain she was so much more comforted to be at home at the end. R.I.P. / May she rest in peace.

Kyle

kylez
                      Participant

I read your updates about your best friend. She got some measure of relief for a few weeks or maybe a month, after getting WBR. That was after after many weeks of agony when cyber knife had failed. I'm sorry that it was just too much to overcome, and in such a short time. I'm certain she was so much more comforted to be at home at the end. R.I.P. / May she rest in peace.

Kyle

kylez
                        Participant

Kyle

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics