The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Frustration again

Forums General Melanoma Community Frustration again

Participant

Quick review, 3b, NED coming on three years. Summing up 2015, hospitalized 7 days with massive cellulitis of breast, then acquired lymphadema, arm and truncal and frozen shoulder with three months of therapy. Since November it has become a constant anxiety with OMG your LFT are way off, CT scan negative, then OMG there is an 9mm node on your thyroid, ultrasound, but let's just watch it, and now OMG  2 tumors in your effected breast, mammograms, ultrasounds, biopsies. Path report sent out by MD for second opinion, finally get results two weeks after – NP says many atypical cells and come in to make appt for removal of entire biopsy site. OK. Next morning MD leaves message on machine at home " Just atypical, changing cells – Nothing to worry about, no need for surgery! I'm so frustrated, find something – nothing, find something – nothing. My mind and wallet are sick of it. Sorry for the vent. I'm dropping out from all medical care except my PCP, she can check my nodes as well as the three hour drive to have the melanoma guys feel the same areas.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

So sorry for your difficulties and as someone who has traveled miles and miles for care, for many years… I do understand your frustration.  However, given your dx and stage…vigilance and "nothing" is good!!!  Hope you have a peaceful, beautiful weekend.  Enjoy.  Celeste

Bubbles
          Participant

So sorry for your difficulties and as someone who has traveled miles and miles for care, for many years… I do understand your frustration.  However, given your dx and stage…vigilance and "nothing" is good!!!  Hope you have a peaceful, beautiful weekend.  Enjoy.  Celeste

Bubbles
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics