The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Freckles

Forums General Melanoma Community Freckles

Participant

I am very sorry for this question ,but – is it o'k to have freckles on genitalia?

I am very embarassed to ask ,but I did full body check (as I do every month0 AND CHECKED MY GENITALIA AS WELL.

I have couple of freckles in where.

I do not know is it new ones or not ,because I never checked that area.

My Doc is male. My next appointment is in October.

Can I ask male Doc to have a look?

I am sooo embarassed……

Please , give advice

Thank you

I am very sorry for this question ,but – is it o'k to have freckles on genitalia?

I am very embarassed to ask ,but I did full body check (as I do every month0 AND CHECKED MY GENITALIA AS WELL.

I have couple of freckles in where.

I do not know is it new ones or not ,because I never checked that area.

My Doc is male. My next appointment is in October.

Can I ask male Doc to have a look?

I am sooo embarassed……

Please , give advice

Thank you

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

It is ok to have freckles.  Derms should just look but many don't.  Female derms just naturally look, ask fror your male Dr.  Also ask your gyn to keep an eye on the area.  One other thing since digital camera's are private, take a picture or two of the area so you can keep an eye on the area by yourself.  

My first mel was in 1979 and back then it was embarrasing to ask the Dr to look at my breast!  Yes, times have changed.  That is the mole that has now metasticized. 

Linda

natasha
            Participant

Thanks ,Linda !

I made some pictures of that mole . And I think I will ask Doc to have a look ,it is part of the body as well and I do not have choice

bron
              Participant

hi, i am  new to this board and dont have much information on melanoma(my grown up daughter has just been diagnosed stage 2).

However i do know.

It is normal to have freckles anywhere on your body.

You must ask the doctor to check them if they are a concern. I would if i had melanoma and had not seen them before to simply set my mind at rest.

You can ask for a female doctor for that visit if it bothers you to have a male.

If it helps, i once had an internal examination in hospital from a male doctor with female and male students standing around. About 8 students.  After the examination he patted me on the leg and said ""good breeding stock"". i never did work out if it was a compliment……. smiley

If it helps… look at the ceiling and remember he does this everyday.

and…..He brushed his teeth and put his underwear on this morning…(just like everyone else)

Try and imagine what type of underwear he would  choose,

silky boxers with homer simpson on them that he got for fathers day…..

What i am trying to say is….no one ever died from embarrament…..

You will be fine….

very kind regards from Bron

natasha
                Participant

thanks ,Bron , for  you advice !!!!

I am looking forward to my Oct appointment to show all suspicious moles to my Doc

natasha
                  Participant

Today I had appointment with  GP.

I showed her my freckles on private area .

She said it is skin pigmentation and nothing to worry about !!

Such a relief!!!!!!!!!

natasha
                    Participant

Such a relief!!!!!!!!!

natasha
                      Participant

Such a relief!!!!!!!!!

natasha
                        Participant

I am looking forward to my Oct appointment to show all suspicious moles to my Doc

natasha
                          Participant

bron
                            Participant

hi, i am  new to this board and dont have much information on melanoma(my grown up daughter has just been diagnosed stage 2).

However i do know.

You must ask the doctor to check them if they are a concern. I would if i had melanoma and had not seen them before to simply set my mind at rest.

You can ask for a female doctor for that visit if it bothers you to have a male.

If it helps, i once had an internal examination in hospital from a male doctor with female and male students standing around. About 8 students.  After the examination he patted me on the leg and said ""good breeding stock"". i never did work out if it was a compliment……. smiley

and…..He brushed his teeth and put his underwear on this morning…(just like everyone else)

You will be fine….

bron
                              Participant

However i do know.

You will be fine….

natasha
                                Participant

Thanks ,Linda !

I made some pictures of that mole . And I think I will ask Doc to have a look ,it is part of the body as well and I do not have choice

natasha
                                  Participant

Thanks ,Linda !

lhaley
                                  Participant

It is ok to have freckles.  Derms should just look but many don't.  Female derms just naturally look, ask fror your male Dr.  Also ask your gyn to keep an eye on the area.  One other thing since digital camera's are private, take a picture or two of the area so you can keep an eye on the area by yourself.  

My first mel was in 1979 and back then it was embarrasing to ask the Dr to look at my breast!  Yes, times have changed.  That is the mole that has now metasticized. 

Linda

lhaley
                                    Participant

Linda

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics