The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Freckle on sole of foot

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Freckle on sole of foot

Participant
      Hi all. I am 3 months post surgery for stage 0 melanoma on my lower leg. 
      I have a apt next week with my dr., but I am nervous about a new freckle I discovered on the bottom of my toe. My dr hasn't checked the soles of my feet in over a year and it didn't dawn on me to check them until recently. The freckle is light brown and white. Should I be worries? I read online it's very rare to have freckles or moles on the soles of the feet.. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

I have 2 or 3 – basic light brown small spots.  I just watch them but have not had any biopsies.  If they started to change, I'd biopsy them.  I've also had similar ones on my palm and between my fingers.  I treat them all the same way.  2 of them have actually faded away.  But if they change for the worse, they'd be gone.  So NO, I wouldn't worry.  Show it to your derm, take a photo, but chances are it is fine.

Janner
          Participant

I have 2 or 3 – basic light brown small spots.  I just watch them but have not had any biopsies.  If they started to change, I'd biopsy them.  I've also had similar ones on my palm and between my fingers.  I treat them all the same way.  2 of them have actually faded away.  But if they change for the worse, they'd be gone.  So NO, I wouldn't worry.  Show it to your derm, take a photo, but chances are it is fine.

Janner
            Participant

Linny
              Participant

I had one on the bottom of my foot that turned out to be nothing, thank God. It was light brown, like yours, and measured 1mm x 2mm. Two derms at Johns Hopkins examined it and neither was sure what to make of it, so it was removed — "when in doubt, take it out".

It's good that you have that appointment with your doctor next week because it's best to get these things checked out for peace of mind. Unfortunately, there's nothing more you can do until you see your doc. Hang in there, I hope it ends up being nothing.

wildpoppy
                  Participant

Hi there

i know this an old thread but wondered how the freckles turned out? I am on holiday and just discovered a new freckle/mole in arch of foot… can’t get it checked until I get back 🙁 it’s freaked me out, and ruining my holiday.

its 2mmx2mm, and kind of star shaped, darker around edges but still only a mid brown…

anyone it needs looking at, but is it really a bad sign, dr google is freaking me out 🙁

thank you

Linny
                  Participant

I had one on the bottom of my foot that turned out to be nothing, thank God. It was light brown, like yours, and measured 1mm x 2mm. Two derms at Johns Hopkins examined it and neither was sure what to make of it, so it was removed — "when in doubt, take it out".

It's good that you have that appointment with your doctor next week because it's best to get these things checked out for peace of mind. Unfortunately, there's nothing more you can do until you see your doc. Hang in there, I hope it ends up being nothing.

Linny
                    Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics