The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Four treatments of Yervoy done

Forums General Melanoma Community Four treatments of Yervoy done

Participant

My husband had his last treatment at least that's what we expect yesterday. He will see the doctor again in three weeks don't know for sure what they will say at that time.  We have been very thankful that so far diarrhea and some stomach discomfort with some bleeding (but that was all handled with some acid reducer) is all the side effects he has had. We value this sight for all the information so many of you have given lets all continue to pray for one another. 

My husband had his last treatment at least that's what we expect yesterday. He will see the doctor again in three weeks don't know for sure what they will say at that time.  We have been very thankful that so far diarrhea and some stomach discomfort with some bleeding (but that was all handled with some acid reducer) is all the side effects he has had. We value this sight for all the information so many of you have given lets all continue to pray for one another. 

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mandi0280
        Participant

Hello. Was wondering, when I clicked on your profile it says that your husband has an unknown stage. Are the lymph nodes the only thing that he has positive or had his melanoma already spread somewhere else? My husband is also taking Yervoy but has only taken 2 treatments so far due to severe stomach problems and colitis. He had 1 positive lymph node which put him at stage III.  Praying for your husband!

Mandi0280
          Participant

Hello. Was wondering, when I clicked on your profile it says that your husband has an unknown stage. Are the lymph nodes the only thing that he has positive or had his melanoma already spread somewhere else? My husband is also taking Yervoy but has only taken 2 treatments so far due to severe stomach problems and colitis. He had 1 positive lymph node which put him at stage III.  Praying for your husband!

Mandi0280
            Participant

Mandi0280
              Participant

Mandi0280
                Participant

Mandi0280
                  Participant

Annemarie
                    Participant

My husband has started on Yervoy on 18 January 2013 after four cycles of chemo last year. He is complaining a lot about needles and pins and is tired a lot.

With the chemo our experience was that he is tired for the first week and then it get better, but with the Yervoy he is not so tired but it is also not getting better after a week.

Can anyone confirm whether the tiredness will just decrease all the time over the four treatments with yervoy or what should we expect?

Annemarie
                      Participant

My husband has started on Yervoy on 18 January 2013 after four cycles of chemo last year. He is complaining a lot about needles and pins and is tired a lot.

With the chemo our experience was that he is tired for the first week and then it get better, but with the Yervoy he is not so tired but it is also not getting better after a week.

Can anyone confirm whether the tiredness will just decrease all the time over the four treatments with yervoy or what should we expect?

Annemarie
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics