The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

fotomustina

Forums General Melanoma Community fotomustina

Participant

Hi friends, after a rough time i would like ask for and advice. After 2 doses of keytruda brain metastasis was discovered. WBR was applied, i felt like crap. Now they offer to me fotomustina, i think quemo. Any experience with this.?????????

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

It's one of only a couple of drugs that pass the blood brain barrier.  Temodar is used more in the U.S.  Fotemustine is used more in Australia.

jpg
            Participant

My doctor says there aren't any drugs that pass the blood brain barrier, no studies showing it. What they think is sometimes the immune system is boosted to send tcells through.  Radiation is the best treatment for brain mets.

jpg
              Participant

My doctor says there aren't any drugs that pass the blood brain barrier, no studies showing it. What they think is sometimes the immune system is boosted to send tcells through.  Radiation is the best treatment for brain mets.

jpg
                Participant

Janner
                Participant

It's one of only a couple of drugs that pass the blood brain barrier.  Temodar is used more in the U.S.  Fotemustine is used more in Australia.

Janner
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics