The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

For JustMeInCA – dunno if this will help

Forums General Melanoma Community For JustMeInCA – dunno if this will help

Participant

Sorry I didn't post this sooner. It sounded like if your dad gets a little better he might be well enough to travel.

If so it seems to be getting more difficult for us non naieve patients to have a decent trial. There is one in Oregon so some distance from San Francisco but if he's up to it might be worth it. It combines Opdivo pd1 with anti-lag-3. I've been trying to get into it in Chicago since November but my body has kept failing me but I'm still trying to get good enough for it.

NCT01968109

Providence Portland Med Ctr
      Portland, Oregon, United States, 97213
      503-215-2604

Artie

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        JustMeInCA
        Participant

Thank you, Artie — that's really sweet of you! My dad is very much a homebody and complains the whole 1.5 hour drive to San Francisco, so I can only imagine what he'd say about flights to Portland! :-p 

They've actually put in an order for Opdivo now that he's pretty much recovered from his hospital stay, and we have an appointment next week with a radiation oncologist to see if there's anything they can do with the tumors on his leg.

His doctor in San Francisco said either Nivo…or start hospice. Not a happy time.

JustMeInCA
          Participant

Thank you, Artie — that's really sweet of you! My dad is very much a homebody and complains the whole 1.5 hour drive to San Francisco, so I can only imagine what he'd say about flights to Portland! :-p 

They've actually put in an order for Opdivo now that he's pretty much recovered from his hospital stay, and we have an appointment next week with a radiation oncologist to see if there's anything they can do with the tumors on his leg.

His doctor in San Francisco said either Nivo…or start hospice. Not a happy time.

JustMeInCA
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics