The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

For Artie/others interested in Nab-paclitaxel/bevacizumab 1st line for unresectable stage III/IV

Forums General Melanoma Community For Artie/others interested in Nab-paclitaxel/bevacizumab 1st line for unresectable stage III/IV

• Replies
      arthurjedi007
      Participant

Thanks Celeste

Artie

G-Samsa
          Participant

Wow– wonder how I missed this treatment.  It looks so promising in 2009–wonder how enduring it is in retrospect.

G-Samsa
            Participant

Wow– wonder how I missed this treatment.  It looks so promising in 2009–wonder how enduring it is in retrospect.

G-Samsa
              Participant

arthurjedi007
              Participant

Thanks Celeste

Artie

arthurjedi007
                Participant

Thanks Celeste

Artie

RJoeyB
                  Participant

Thanks Celeste, wondering the same thing as G-Samsa, if anyone is aware of any more recent data about one or both of these medications with respect to melanoma?  Bevacizumab (Avastin) specifically came up with one of my doctors with respect to treating both brain mets and also delayed onset radiation necrosis following SRS, but another of my doctors said that while there were some studies whose early findings had shown some benefit, they ultimately didn't show much benefit.

Thanks, Joe

arthurjedi007
                      Participant

This is the trial NCT02020707. Looks like it is phase 1 for both these meds together and started Sept 2013.

arthurjedi007
                        Participant

This is the trial NCT02020707. Looks like it is phase 1 for both these meds together and started Sept 2013.

arthurjedi007
                          Participant

RJoeyB
                          Participant

Thanks Celeste, wondering the same thing as G-Samsa, if anyone is aware of any more recent data about one or both of these medications with respect to melanoma?  Bevacizumab (Avastin) specifically came up with one of my doctors with respect to treating both brain mets and also delayed onset radiation necrosis following SRS, but another of my doctors said that while there were some studies whose early findings had shown some benefit, they ultimately didn't show much benefit.

Thanks, Joe

RJoeyB
                            Participant

Thanks, Joe

Viewing 5 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics