The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Follow up on Amy Busby

Forums General Melanoma Community Follow up on Amy Busby

Participant

Brent and I are in Houston for MDA, and had the opportunity to spend time with Amy.  She looks and sounds great, we went out to eat and a little Easter shopping.  She is dealing with a lot of pain and gets tired, but she enjoyed getting out of the house.  Her battle has been long and she has had to be an  advocate  ( doing her own research work )as well as the patient, and a mom, while Dennis works,  not easy…… 

She is doing Hospice and finds that helpful.

Brent and I are in Houston for MDA, and had the opportunity to spend time with Amy.  She looks and sounds great, we went out to eat and a little Easter shopping.  She is dealing with a lot of pain and gets tired, but she enjoyed getting out of the house.  Her battle has been long and she has had to be an  advocate  ( doing her own research work )as well as the patient, and a mom, while Dennis works,  not easy…… 

She is doing Hospice and finds that helpful.

She has found her peace and has a strong relationship with God, and takes one day at a time.

She finds it hard to get on the internet and doesn't know where her computer is so you may not hear from her very often. 

We met the kids and wow what a great family. 

I just wanted to give you all an update.  We will be here for 6 weeks and plan to see her again.

Brent and Sharon

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        ValinMtl
        Participant

Thank you so much for this update.  I often wonder (like almost every day) how our dear Amy is doing.  She is such an inspiration and I pray that a miracle will occur. In the meantime, I know her special relationship with God will guide her along whatever path that he has in store for her. 

Sending hugs and wishes for success to both you and Brent as well. Val

ValinMtl
          Participant

Thank you so much for this update.  I often wonder (like almost every day) how our dear Amy is doing.  She is such an inspiration and I pray that a miracle will occur. In the meantime, I know her special relationship with God will guide her along whatever path that he has in store for her. 

Sending hugs and wishes for success to both you and Brent as well. Val

jag
            Participant

Next time you are in, tell her that we are praying for her.

All the best

John

jag
              Participant

Next time you are in, tell her that we are praying for her.

All the best

John

Lori C
                Participant

Another blog I am on sends a special quilt to someone when they are going through a rough time – a way to give them something to literally wrap themselves in and feel the love of all the people who are thinking of them.  I wish we could send one to Amy.  I also think of her all the time.  I am glad to hear she is feeling okay and getting out.

Lori

Laurie from maine
                    Participant

Thank you for posting, I think and pray for her and her family every night.  Please let her know we are all thinking of her.

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                      Participant

Thank you for posting, I think and pray for her and her family every night.  Please let her know we are all thinking of her.

laurie from maine

Lori C
                      Participant

Another blog I am on sends a special quilt to someone when they are going through a rough time – a way to give them something to literally wrap themselves in and feel the love of all the people who are thinking of them.  I wish we could send one to Amy.  I also think of her all the time.  I am glad to hear she is feeling okay and getting out.

Lori

BarbieGirl
                        Participant

Sharon (and Brent), thanks so much for the update on Amy.  I've been wanting to call, but I never know a good time.   I don't want to wake her, or bother her if she's spending time with family and/or friends.  I will call her soon, though.

IF you talk to her before I do, please let her know that wherever her computer is..  I think she got hacked.  I'm getting screwy emails from her computer, with just a link (which I ain't clicking).

I'm glad you got to visit with her, and eat and shop!   Aren't Dennis and the kiddos great?  Every time I've been around Amy and Dennis, you can just "see" and "feel" their love for each other shine.  Amy's been my inspiration for about 10 years now, and I just love her dearly.  She's definitely a "go-getter"…. she's had to fight the "system" so many times, and she's always come out on top.  It's a shame one has to deal with insurance issues when they're fighting for their lives. But she hung in and stayed on their butts and finally got what she needed.

I know hospice is involved now, but I'm not giving up on her or a new trial that's gonna come her way.  I pray every day she gets her miracle, and knowing Amy, she will!

Thanks again for letting us know how she's doing, and that she continues to fill our hearts with love, hope, and inspiration.  *Hugz*

~Lisa~   

BarbieGirl
                          Participant

Sharon (and Brent), thanks so much for the update on Amy.  I've been wanting to call, but I never know a good time.   I don't want to wake her, or bother her if she's spending time with family and/or friends.  I will call her soon, though.

IF you talk to her before I do, please let her know that wherever her computer is..  I think she got hacked.  I'm getting screwy emails from her computer, with just a link (which I ain't clicking).

I'm glad you got to visit with her, and eat and shop!   Aren't Dennis and the kiddos great?  Every time I've been around Amy and Dennis, you can just "see" and "feel" their love for each other shine.  Amy's been my inspiration for about 10 years now, and I just love her dearly.  She's definitely a "go-getter"…. she's had to fight the "system" so many times, and she's always come out on top.  It's a shame one has to deal with insurance issues when they're fighting for their lives. But she hung in and stayed on their butts and finally got what she needed.

I know hospice is involved now, but I'm not giving up on her or a new trial that's gonna come her way.  I pray every day she gets her miracle, and knowing Amy, she will!

Thanks again for letting us know how she's doing, and that she continues to fill our hearts with love, hope, and inspiration.  *Hugz*

~Lisa~   

JuleFL
                            Participant

Thank you so much for sending us this update.  I think of Amy and her family often.  So glad to hear that she is getting out and finding peace.  She is very fortunate in that regard.  God bless.

Jule

JuleFL
                              Participant

Thank you so much for sending us this update.  I think of Amy and her family often.  So glad to hear that she is getting out and finding peace.  She is very fortunate in that regard.  God bless.

Jule

flynn
                                Participant

thank you so much for the update on this beautiful person

flynn
                                  Participant

thank you so much for the update on this beautiful person

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics