The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

First week of BioChemotherapy completed

Forums General Melanoma Community First week of BioChemotherapy completed

Participant

I am pleased to say my wife made all five days of BioChemotherapy at Kaiser Riverside under the care of Dr. Gailani.  She did experience all of the side effects except the nasua.  But what I will say is that the staff keep it all under control and were top notch.  We now have two weeks off to regroup and then back for round two.  I would like to thank everyone who responded to our numerous questions in regards if we were going in the correct direction.  We beleave we did. 

I am pleased to say my wife made all five days of BioChemotherapy at Kaiser Riverside under the care of Dr. Gailani.  She did experience all of the side effects except the nasua.  But what I will say is that the staff keep it all under control and were top notch.  We now have two weeks off to regroup and then back for round two.  I would like to thank everyone who responded to our numerous questions in regards if we were going in the correct direction.  We beleave we did. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Phil S
        Participant
          Glad to hear she made it thru round one, biochemo is tough! My husband always felt the first week home was the hardest for him, as he experienced delayed stomach issues. But, he felt pretty good the second week home, and gained strength to return for next round. Just tell her to drink plenty of fluids, and walk and move around as much as possible. Take care of yourself too, it’s not easy being the caregiver! Best wishes and keep us posted! Valerei (Phil’s wife)
          Phil S
          Participant
            Glad to hear she made it thru round one, biochemo is tough! My husband always felt the first week home was the hardest for him, as he experienced delayed stomach issues. But, he felt pretty good the second week home, and gained strength to return for next round. Just tell her to drink plenty of fluids, and walk and move around as much as possible. Take care of yourself too, it’s not easy being the caregiver! Best wishes and keep us posted! Valerei (Phil’s wife)
            Phil S
            Participant
              kathycmc
              Participant

I believe my daughter was receiving biochemotherapy at the same time as your wife.  How is your wife doing?  My daughter continued to have nausea and vomitting for the first 2 days home but it is now subsiding.  She is still taking compazine as needed.  She is still so tired and just doesn't feel herself.  She has even mentioned not returning for the next round of treatment.  I am really scared because I know the statistics for recurrence of stage IIIb melanoma and feel the adjuvant biochemotherapy is her best bet at remaining NED.  I am praying that she will begin to feel better and that we will see you guys later in March.  

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

I believe that Biochem is tougher than IL-2, but that the multi treatment approach may well prove the best bet for stage III patients.  Thr only way we will learn is if people are able to withstand the treatments and show the statistics.  At leaast they arae finally donig more trials for stsage III  patients.  Glad to see it.

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

I believe that Biochem is tougher than IL-2, but that the multi treatment approach may well prove the best bet for stage III patients.  Thr only way we will learn is if people are able to withstand the treatments and show the statistics.  At leaast they arae finally donig more trials for stsage III  patients.  Glad to see it.

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

kathycmc
                      Participant

I believe my daughter was receiving biochemotherapy at the same time as your wife.  How is your wife doing?  My daughter continued to have nausea and vomitting for the first 2 days home but it is now subsiding.  She is still taking compazine as needed.  She is still so tired and just doesn't feel herself.  She has even mentioned not returning for the next round of treatment.  I am really scared because I know the statistics for recurrence of stage IIIb melanoma and feel the adjuvant biochemotherapy is her best bet at remaining NED.  I am praying that she will begin to feel better and that we will see you guys later in March.  

kathycmc
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics