The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

First Follow-up Tomorrow – Anxiety/Fear

Forums General Melanoma Community First Follow-up Tomorrow – Anxiety/Fear

Participant

I was crusing right along trying to live life after my .6mm spitzoid melanoma WLE in August. I have my first follow-up with my dermatologist tomorrow and I am overcome with anxiety. The WLE was on my right upper arm and I have had underam and breast pain, primarily on that side, for a few months now. I have been to my primary and my OBGYN for routine visits and asked them to feel for bumps, but they don't feel anything. I do though. Anyway, I just needed to post since I don't want to talk to my friends and family about this until I need to, and my anxiety is making me nuts.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        sing123
        Participant

I'm sorry that you're feeling anxious. So understandable with this. My lymph nodes on the side not operated on hurt for a few weeks during healing after my first surgery. Wonder if it might be this. Anyway, hope you get great news tomorrow!

jbronicki
          Participant

Hey, we definitely understand anxiety on this board.  It's so hard not to correlate any pain or ache with melanoma spread once you have been diagnosed at any stage.  I tend to lean on statistics to help with the anxiety (I'm not the patient, my husband) is, easier said than done.  Hoping you get the best and most likely news of all clear tomorrow. 

lkb
            Participant

Completely understand your anxiety. Hope your follow-up goes well.

Lisa

I hope your follow up went well.  I've been off the board for a while because dealing with this, even when things are going well is hard.  The anxiety can eat you alive if you let it.  I bounce between writing in a journal, venting on this board, seeing a therapist and leaning on friends.  It's hard to only talk with people who've never been in our shoes and so I get the now wanting to talk with family and friends.

Good wishes to you

Jennifer

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics