The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Finished fourth ipi induction infusion

Forums General Melanoma Community Finished fourth ipi induction infusion

Participant

My hubby finished his fourth ipi induction infusion yesterday.

The tumor testing came back and he is braf wild type.  Help me know what this means to us.

I think it means that there are no immunotherapies out there now that would help.  He has scans again on the 24th of February.

They are keeping watch on something in his left parotid now.  It is currently 6mm.  They aren't sure what it is.

My hubby finished his fourth ipi induction infusion yesterday.

The tumor testing came back and he is braf wild type.  Help me know what this means to us.

I think it means that there are no immunotherapies out there now that would help.  He has scans again on the 24th of February.

They are keeping watch on something in his left parotid now.  It is currently 6mm.  They aren't sure what it is.

Of course, they tell us the likelihood that he would get melanoma bilaterally in his parotids is highly rare.  I think that is where we live!

barb

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        rbruce
        Participant

That DOES NOT mean that there are no other immunotherapies out there for him.  Yervoy is a great start, but there are other immunotherapies available in clinical trials, like anti-pd-1.  I too am braf wildtype and will be starting anti-pd1 soon and keep Yervoy as my back up plan.  Grill your Doc on clinical trials that may be available if Yervoy doesn't work, but keep the faith!

Robert

rbruce
          Participant

That DOES NOT mean that there are no other immunotherapies out there for him.  Yervoy is a great start, but there are other immunotherapies available in clinical trials, like anti-pd-1.  I too am braf wildtype and will be starting anti-pd1 soon and keep Yervoy as my back up plan.  Grill your Doc on clinical trials that may be available if Yervoy doesn't work, but keep the faith!

Robert

rbruce
            Participant

Robert

fdess056
              Participant

I see from your profile that the primary is listed as "head or neck".  Mine was on my left forehead and it did spread to my left parotid as well as several lymph nodes on the left side of my neck.  From what i understand, a primary in the parotid is very rare but that's not necessarily true for parotid mets.  In fact my surgeon said the parotid is a common drainage point for the head and neck area and didn't seem very surprised at all that the melanoma showed up there.   Mine was diagnosed by fine needle aspiration.  Also, I  have my final yervoy treatment March 1st and won't be scanned until June.  The yervoy can take that long to work.  I hopethings turn out well.

FrankD Brooklyn

fdess056
                Participant

I see from your profile that the primary is listed as "head or neck".  Mine was on my left forehead and it did spread to my left parotid as well as several lymph nodes on the left side of my neck.  From what i understand, a primary in the parotid is very rare but that's not necessarily true for parotid mets.  In fact my surgeon said the parotid is a common drainage point for the head and neck area and didn't seem very surprised at all that the melanoma showed up there.   Mine was diagnosed by fine needle aspiration.  Also, I  have my final yervoy treatment March 1st and won't be scanned until June.  The yervoy can take that long to work.  I hopethings turn out well.

FrankD Brooklyn

fdess056
                  Participant

FrankD Brooklyn

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics