The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Fertility after Immunotherapy

Forums General Melanoma Community Fertility after Immunotherapy

Participant
      Hello everybody,

Does anybody have any direct experience or stories to share regarding fertility impacts from Immunotherapy? Or come across any trials or papers with information?  I finished adjuvant Opdivo in 11/2020. My wife and I would like to start a family. My oncologist recommends pursuing artificial insemmination vía sperm I banked prior to the Opdivo due to lack of information and since we have that option.

We are pursuing the artificial route, but I’m curious if anybody has information to share? I’m looking for both male/female perspective, but the male perspective is of particular interest.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          Funny you posted this today, I was looking for an ASCO article from last year on progression after Pd-1 treatment and while going over old article this one caught my eye. https://ascopost.com/issues/august-10-2020/potential-association-of-impaired-spermatogenesis-and-immune-checkpoint-inhibitor-therapy-in-patients-with-metastatic-melanoma/
          uptodriver
          Participant
            Your site has been helpful for the people as well as for me………..

And when we provide qualcomm driver to solve your problem…………

hxcadam
            Participant
              I received 2 rounds of Ipi in mid 2017 (June and July I believe).  Had to stop due to colitis.  I believe the dosage was 10mg/1kg so roughly 1000mg each dose.  Was told to wait 6 months if I remember correctly before attempting to start a family.  My son was conceived in mid February and born November 2018.
              JudiAU
              Participant
                I have been on immunotherapy for almost two years. I’m 47 now but I have had no changes to my cycle and according to periodic CT scans that catch them in the process, ovulating robustly. I can’t comment on the quality of my eggs because I’m old and don’t want more children. I have seen a few threads here and there (go fund me? Where people had children after immunotherapy.). I know this isn’t very helpful but you haven’t had a lot of responses.
            Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics