The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Fantastic news!

Forums General Melanoma Community Fantastic news!

Participant

I just got through seeing my onc after having a full body CT scan and brain MRI this morning and that pesky tumor on my adrenal gland has shrunk some more! It started out at 2.3 cm and now after four infusions it is down to 0.72 cm! No new mets in my brain or anywhere else! There is a spot on my lung and a couple of anomalies in my brain that they have been watching but nothing that has changed or shows any activity.

I just got through seeing my onc after having a full body CT scan and brain MRI this morning and that pesky tumor on my adrenal gland has shrunk some more! It started out at 2.3 cm and now after four infusions it is down to 0.72 cm! No new mets in my brain or anywhere else! There is a spot on my lung and a couple of anomalies in my brain that they have been watching but nothing that has changed or shows any activity.

I asked if they could tell me how the others are doing on this drug trial and the protocol nurse said that everyone has responded just as well and that they are very excited about it. I'm sitting and waiting to go in for my 5 hour drug infusion so I don't have my notes with me but I'll post the number of this drug trial here tonight or tomorrow in case anyone wants to look into it. It's a combination of carboplatin, carbotaxil and temodar.

We be doing a happy dance here in New Mexico! Carmon

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Keep dancing, Carmon!  Well, not while you are hooked up. 🙂

Love reading good news and I'm so happy for you.

Stay Strong
          King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

dawn dion
            Participant

Fabulous!!! I am soooo happy for you!

dawn dion
              Participant

Fabulous!!! I am soooo happy for you!

King
              Participant

Keep dancing, Carmon!  Well, not while you are hooked up. 🙂

Love reading good news and I'm so happy for you.

Stay Strong
                King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

lhaley
                Participant

Wow!!! That is such great news!   Happy dancing right along with you!

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Wow!!! That is such great news!   Happy dancing right along with you!

Linda

glewis923
                    Participant

Hello Carmen=

Doin' a few back-flips for you….well, i'm at least smiling on the good tidings!

Hope it continues, Carboplatin/taxol/avistan were holding my lung tumors stable, until i had to quit te regimen due to the active brain mets found, but hope those are being severely dealt with.

Very happy for you!

Love All-  Grady.

glewis923
                      Participant

Hello Carmen=

Doin' a few back-flips for you….well, i'm at least smiling on the good tidings!

Hope it continues, Carboplatin/taxol/avistan were holding my lung tumors stable, until i had to quit te regimen due to the active brain mets found, but hope those are being severely dealt with.

Very happy for you!

Love All-  Grady.

JakeinNY
                        Participant

Congratulations Carmon. Do the best that you can and best wishes for a long life.

JakeinNY
                          Participant

Congratulations Carmon. Do the best that you can and best wishes for a long life.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics