The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Fable

Participant

The week of Thanksgiving and I'm home doing something I have NEVER done before. I'm putting up my TREE. We just need some spirit around here…and I worry that I'm so busy I won't have time to do it.  This made me think of here :~) I hope you all have a wonderful, happy, and HEALTHY Thanksgiving:

The week of Thanksgiving and I'm home doing something I have NEVER done before. I'm putting up my TREE. We just need some spirit around here…and I worry that I'm so busy I won't have time to do it.  This made me think of here :~) I hope you all have a wonderful, happy, and HEALTHY Thanksgiving:

Fable of the Porcupine                         

It was the coldest winter ever.  Many animals died           
                  because of the cold.  The porcupines, realizing the           
                    situation, decided to group together.  This way,             
                    they covered and protected themselves; but, the             
                  quills of each one wounded their closest companions           
                    even though they gave off heat to each other.               

After awhile, they decided to distance themselves one         
                from the other and they began to die, alone and frozen.         
      So they had to make a choice: either accept the quills of their companions
                              or disappear from the Earth.                       

Wisely, they decided to go back to being together.           
                  This way they learned to live with the little wounds           
                    that were caused by the close relationship with             
                        their companion, but the most important                 
                      part of it, was the heat that came from the               
                      others. This way they were able to survive.               

Therefore:                               
                    The best relationship is not the one that brings             
                        together perfect people, but the best is                 
                        when each individual learns to live with                 
                      the imperfections of others and can admire               
                          the other person's good qualities.                   

The Moral of the story!                         

LEARN TO LOVE THE PRICKS IN YOUR LIFE.  

With Love, Marie                

;         

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        LV
        Participant

I'm doing my best!

LV
          Participant

I'm doing my best!

JerryfromFauq
            Participant

Been missing coontact with you!

MarieM
                Participant

Jerry!!!

Good to see you! I hope you are well and have a wonderful Holiday season!!!

Marie

MarieM
                  Participant

Jerry!!!

Good to see you! I hope you are well and have a wonderful Holiday season!!!

Marie

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

Been missing coontact with you!

TinaR
                    Participant

Well, you don't have to LOVE them, you can just learn to co-exist -pushing their "prickiness" to the back of your mind ๐Ÿ™‚

I would love to put my tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but it would be all dried out by Christmas!

I so hate the rush rush of putting it up  two weeks before… it takes me days to finish  hanging ornaments– one for the kids to decorate–  which means they throw them on in one bunch in one area by hanging heavy glass ornaments on the soft tips, and two more days for me to rearrange/safely hang what they've clustered and finish adding all the rest. I'm always afraid to decorate the top…I leave that for the end and I get such ojada standing on the tippy top of the ladder swaying this way and that…scary!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and lots of tree fun ๐Ÿ™‚ !!!! xoxoxoxox  

Bonnie Lea
                        Participant

well, as usual I am late replying to this.  Our tree gets hunted and purchased on the 11th of December.  Why? cos that is the date I chose.  tradition is father dotter go out together, do father dotter things, (like all her life he bought her chips from a 'chip wagon'  and they lie to me about how it is really not french fries but it is Bananas.  Even to the point of putting the used container hidden in the tree once for me to find.

So now even at her age of 31 this tradition still goes  on.  This year I shall be at our Church helping with bake sale, and they will pick me up when they have done their tree hunting.  Then all three of us decorate, and enjoy a unhealthy meal  of take out KFC (small amount)  tradition you see, going back to when our son was one  year  old. 

Both kids disliked decorating the tree once their own special hand made ornanments were  hung.  Dad's job is to put on the lights, then at the end, when the kids were little, one year one would be held up high and they put the star on the top,  the next year the other kid did it.  Now? 

I am so looking forward to christmas this year. (always do)   there will be just the 4  of us, l ike o ld old times when my mom was away.  She is away this year as well, so just us and our grown kiddlets. and the cats, plus dotters cat who will be staying with us as well.

AHHHHHHH

XXXXXX

and even if we are porcupines at heart its all love.

Bonnie Lea
                          Participant

well, as usual I am late replying to this.  Our tree gets hunted and purchased on the 11th of December.  Why? cos that is the date I chose.  tradition is father dotter go out together, do father dotter things, (like all her life he bought her chips from a 'chip wagon'  and they lie to me about how it is really not french fries but it is Bananas.  Even to the point of putting the used container hidden in the tree once for me to find.

So now even at her age of 31 this tradition still goes  on.  This year I shall be at our Church helping with bake sale, and they will pick me up when they have done their tree hunting.  Then all three of us decorate, and enjoy a unhealthy meal  of take out KFC (small amount)  tradition you see, going back to when our son was one  year  old. 

Both kids disliked decorating the tree once their own special hand made ornanments were  hung.  Dad's job is to put on the lights, then at the end, when the kids were little, one year one would be held up high and they put the star on the top,  the next year the other kid did it.  Now? 

I am so looking forward to christmas this year. (always do)   there will be just the 4  of us, l ike o ld old times when my mom was away.  She is away this year as well, so just us and our grown kiddlets. and the cats, plus dotters cat who will be staying with us as well.

AHHHHHHH

XXXXXX

and even if we are porcupines at heart its all love.

TinaR
                          Participant

Well, you don't have to LOVE them, you can just learn to co-exist -pushing their "prickiness" to the back of your mind ๐Ÿ™‚

I would love to put my tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but it would be all dried out by Christmas!

I so hate the rush rush of putting it up  two weeks before… it takes me days to finish  hanging ornaments– one for the kids to decorate–  which means they throw them on in one bunch in one area by hanging heavy glass ornaments on the soft tips, and two more days for me to rearrange/safely hang what they've clustered and finish adding all the rest. I'm always afraid to decorate the top…I leave that for the end and I get such ojada standing on the tippy top of the ladder swaying this way and that…scary!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and lots of tree fun ๐Ÿ™‚ !!!! xoxoxoxox  

Viewing 5 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics