The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Eyebrows and lashes turning white

Forums General Melanoma Community Eyebrows and lashes turning white

Participant
      I am noticing more and more that my eyelashes and eyebrows are turning white.  No vitiligo on my skin though (yet).  I am hoping this is a good prognostic factor. Keeping my fingers crossed. Looks odd to have the discoloration at my age but I’ll take it if it’s a positive sign.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        soonerjenn14
        Participant
          Hi there,

I have white eyelashes and most of my eyebrows are still turning white. Mine didn’t change until recently after I was off medication and post-surgery, but my nurse navigator said it’s still a good sign. I have a LOT of vitiligo, but I started getting it within 2 months of being on Opdivo only. How are you feeling? I remember you posted about not being able to eat much.

Hope all is well!

Jenn

Christinad
          Participant
            Hi Jenn,
            I still have no appetite. That started about a month ago during cycle 4 of ipi/nivo. The good news is I finally have the nausea under control. When I force myself to eat something I pay for it the rest of the day with stomach cramps. It also doesn’t help that I can’t taste most foods and what I can taste is very salty. Not sure what is going on with my stomach but it’s no fun. I have a PET/CT scheduled 10/1 to see what progress I’ve made. Praying nothing new shows up in the stomach.
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics