The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Experience with Nivolumab and Lirilumab combo trial?

Forums General Melanoma Community Experience with Nivolumab and Lirilumab combo trial?

Participant

My dad just started this trial and was curious if anyone out there is on it and if you could tell me your experience so far?  He's on the last cohort with the max tolerated dose.  We're just praying for a miracle.

Thanks!

Ashley

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        DonnaK
        Participant

Ashley-  You might have better luck finding information if you search for information on Kir (target name).  I know there was a discussion on this previously at the Melanoma International Forum.  I'm not sure if htis link will post, but here it is: 

http://forum.melanomainternational.org/mif/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=34932&hilit=kir

If not, just search for "Anti-PD1 / Anti-KIR trial"  I seem to recall the results looked promising.

Best,

Donna

DonnaK
          Participant

Ashley-  You might have better luck finding information if you search for information on Kir (target name).  I know there was a discussion on this previously at the Melanoma International Forum.  I'm not sure if htis link will post, but here it is: 

If not, just search for "Anti-PD1 / Anti-KIR trial"  I seem to recall the results looked promising.

Best,

Donna

DonnaK
            Participant

Best,

Donna

kylez
              Participant

Hi Ashley. I hope your Dad gets some good results from this trial. I started back In March. I'm getting 3mg/kg for both. The main side effect that I believe is from the drugs has been stiff, internally swollen knees, painful when walking (knees) and one of my hips seemed "loose". Arthritic? In the last month these have pretty much resolved, and I am back to walking several miles a day. I don't know yet if I am getting a response, but I will get scanned next week, for what I hope will be cycle 4. 

Good luck to your Dad! -Kyle

kylez
                Participant

Hi Ashley. I hope your Dad gets some good results from this trial. I started back In March. I'm getting 3mg/kg for both. The main side effect that I believe is from the drugs has been stiff, internally swollen knees, painful when walking (knees) and one of my hips seemed "loose". Arthritic? In the last month these have pretty much resolved, and I am back to walking several miles a day. I don't know yet if I am getting a response, but I will get scanned next week, for what I hope will be cycle 4. 

kylez
                  Participant

Bubbles
                    Participant

SInce this trial is still enrolling, I don't know how much data or personal experience is available yet, though some of the earliest ratties may be able to give you some info.  However, it seems very promising and I wish you and your dad my best!  Celeste

Bubbles
                      Participant

SInce this trial is still enrolling, I don't know how much data or personal experience is available yet, though some of the earliest ratties may be able to give you some info.  However, it seems very promising and I wish you and your dad my best!  Celeste

Bubbles
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics