The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Everyday Health Melanoma Article

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Everyday Health Melanoma Article

Participant
      A few weeks ago I had an editor from Everyday Health ask if they could film me for a piece on Melanoma for awareness.  Here is what they put together. 

It's nice to hear more and more folks talking about it.  Although we always see discussions of it go up this time of the year!  

As as update on me – I had scans again this past week.  The lymph node they are watching continues to shrink.  The lung spot that showed up 4 weeks ago is gone.  There was a tiny spot on my L5 vertebrae but the doctor didn't seem concerned at all about that (but it's much easier for him not to worry…)  But still feeling pretty good!   And hopefully all heading in the right direction! 
      Erin

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        kylez
        Participant

Erin,

That was a really well done interview that's very informative about skin cancer to the many folks that haven't run into it, especially that it's not just for the skin. 

Your phrases "…continues to shrink" and "is gone" are great ones. I hear you on worry about the spot on the verterbrae. FWIW rbruce has been on an MK-3475 trial for over a year now, and has said that along with other shrinkages elsewhere, he's also been seeing reduced SUVs in bone mets on PET scans. 

It alwasy humbling to see the fights that you and other people have gone through and are going through.

– Kyle
            Erinmay22
            Participant
              Kyle –

Thanks so much for the note! I appreciate it. Yeah I think they did a good job. And the main goal was to help others understand melanoma is more than just a mole removed. The folks filming had no idea all the tumors i have had internally are all skin cancer. So hopefully it will help create some awareness!

Erin

Erinmay22
              Participant
                Kyle –

Thanks so much for the note! I appreciate it. Yeah I think they did a good job. And the main goal was to help others understand melanoma is more than just a mole removed. The folks filming had no idea all the tumors i have had internally are all skin cancer. So hopefully it will help create some awareness!

Erin

Erinmay22
                Participant
                  Kyle –

Erin

kylez
                Participant

Erin,

That was a really well done interview that's very informative about skin cancer to the many folks that haven't run into it, especially that it's not just for the skin. 

Your phrases "…continues to shrink" and "is gone" are great ones. I hear you on worry about the spot on the verterbrae. FWIW rbruce has been on an MK-3475 trial for over a year now, and has said that along with other shrinkages elsewhere, he's also been seeing reduced SUVs in bone mets on PET scans. 

It alwasy humbling to see the fights that you and other people have gone through and are going through.

– Kyle
                  kylez
                  Participant

Erin,

– Kyle
                Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics