The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Eosinophils without Interferon

Forums General Melanoma Community Eosinophils without Interferon

Participant
      I have a curious question about Eosinophils and Melanoma. What do they actually do, are they white blood cells? No dr has ever explained it to me. History of childhood asthma, ok I’m an adult, but my counts are always high.

I have FAMMM and have survived 6mm Nodular badness without SLNB. My Vitamin D levels always showed up fine even in the UK winter.

Can hypothyroidism slow things down enough to help any primaries stay local? Because I also deal with Hashimotos.

My abdominal CT said I had an additional spleen and I have a childhood history of something hard to pronounce but it involves red blood cells, spherocytosis.

I’ve never had interferon. It’s so curious and I don’t really know how to start a conversation about it without sounding like a google doctor.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        ThinkingPositive
        Participant
          Hi Almostalice,

Yes, Eos are part of the white blood cell count, that differentiate to fight infection and cancer. Can be high from asthma too as you observed. I’ve been tracking my rising counts since starting Keytruda as the article at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7028332/says that Eos accumulation might be a prognostic factor that increases overall survival in melanoma patients on ICI treatment.

Best wishes to you!

Cindy

almostalice
          Participant
            Thank you for the reply, so sorry for my late reply.  This is good information to have and I can keep a check on my counts at regular physical bloodwork.
            JudiAU
            Participant
              I am doing well on immunotherapy and also have season allergies I don’t generally medicate. My eosinophils  are also high.

I thought interferon was a dodo-era treatment?

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics