The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Eosinophils, biomarker to checkpoint inhibitors response?

Forums General Melanoma Community Eosinophils, biomarker to checkpoint inhibitors response?

• Replies
      Bubbles
      Participant
        Interesting. Here’s a link to lots of articles I’ve posted regarding eosinophilia and immunotherapy – https://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/search?q=eosinophils

The first article includes a graph of my own levels. yours, les

caman
          Participant
            Thank you Celeste for posting that. Looks like your Absolute Eosinophils max out to .6 k/UL. Mines presently at .9 k/UL. I think this more then just a bone to bite into
          THMoore
          Participant
            I will be taking my third infusion of the combo this Tuesday. If I read mine right, my first test was .08 and my second is .11. The 4 previous NIVO infusions the levels were all in the acceptable range and I only had a partial response. So if I understand you two, your ranges are above the high limit. Is this correct?
            tkoss
            Participant
              this is my question to my onc. if anyone has an answer please post .

“what levels of what hormones, enzymes, lymphocytes, etc. indicate the presence of opvido

no one knows how long or strong Opvido will persist after the last infusion, so it would seem to me if i can compare levels before first infusion to levels after several infusions it would indicate how much Opvido is still assisting my immune system

the reason this is important is because in the Covid environment residual Opvido can increase my susceptibility to complications of Covid. knowing when effects of Opvido are back to pre-infusion levels would help me in the Covid environment”

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics