The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Emotional rollercoaster!

Forums General Melanoma Community Emotional rollercoaster!

Participant

I am so confused!

Stage IV diagnised in January when ovary was removed and path came back.  Subsequent PET scans showed hot spots in thyroid and breast.  biopsies showed thyroid cancer and melanoma in breast.  Thyroid removed beginning of April and was to start HDIL-2 and Yervoy consecutively as part of a clinical trial.  Did the scans yesterday so I could start the trial and they show nothing.  Now I need a breast ultrasound to find the tumor.  Could be too small for trial so do I do the HDIL-2 and Yervoy anyway or wait and watch???  

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

Sounds like you have been through a lot already. Amazing how we were in chat the other night and I had no idea what you have faced.

If you are concerned about side affects which that trial might have and since your tumor burden at the moment is so small they cannot find it I would probably ask the doc about doing regular fda approved yervoy instead. That might tweek your immune system to keep your burden low for years and years like other people. Or in a few months or more the merck fda pd1 might be approved and it has even less side affects than yervoy. Or in several months the bms fda pd1 might be approved and it has less side affects than yervoy but not quite as few as merck's but close.

Just some ideas. Congratulations so far and good luck.

evleye
            Participant

Thanks for your input and the chat, you are fighting hard too!  Still waiting for further scan apointments.  

evleye
              Participant

Thanks for your input and the chat, you are fighting hard too!  Still waiting for further scan apointments.  

evleye
                Participant

arthurjedi007
                Participant

Sounds like you have been through a lot already. Amazing how we were in chat the other night and I had no idea what you have faced.

If you are concerned about side affects which that trial might have and since your tumor burden at the moment is so small they cannot find it I would probably ask the doc about doing regular fda approved yervoy instead. That might tweek your immune system to keep your burden low for years and years like other people. Or in a few months or more the merck fda pd1 might be approved and it has even less side affects than yervoy. Or in several months the bms fda pd1 might be approved and it has less side affects than yervoy but not quite as few as merck's but close.

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics