The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Early Access Program for MK-3475 – dosage question?

Forums General Melanoma Community Early Access Program for MK-3475 – dosage question?

Participant

Anyone know what dosage the EAP for MK-3475 is? I read as best I could understand the side affects were similar across all dosages so I was wondering if they would do the 10mg/kg or they would drop it to the 5 or 3mg/kg.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

Catherine Poole at the MIF probably either knows or can find out. Her email is: [email protected]

POW
          Participant

Catherine Poole at the MIF probably either knows or can find out. Her email is: [email protected]

arthurjedi007
              Participant

Thanks pow. I'll try that. I read mif but wasn't there. I guess only someone like me wonders  about such things. I've got 3 pd1 trials in the works. If by some miracle I get to pick the trial I figure the higher dose would make it better for me. With the less blood flOw in bones higher dose might work better. I dunno . 

arthurjedi007
                Participant

Thanks pow. I'll try that. I read mif but wasn't there. I guess only someone like me wonders  about such things. I've got 3 pd1 trials in the works. If by some miracle I get to pick the trial I figure the higher dose would make it better for me. With the less blood flOw in bones higher dose might work better. I dunno . 

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

arthurjedi007
                    Participant

arthurjedi007
                      Participant

arthurjedi007
                        Participant

POW
                        Participant

Carole K
                          Participant

HI Arthur,

If you call Merck's 800 number.  sorry I don't have it with me.  At one point they will ask if you are  patient.  I believe it's number 2..  you will get in touch with the person who can give you some information.  I am not sure is she knows the dose but you can try.  She will give you all the trial numbers and then the one that is being offered off trial.  I will say I was a bit disappointed in her knowledge.  I was trying to get info for another patiet and was tellibg her about the extend of the disease..  I told her he had his spleen removed.. she replied oh he had his spleen replaced?  Sooo. go from there.

IF I can help please let me know.  Big hugs and positive thoughts.

Love abd Light

Carole

arthurjedi007
                              Participant

Wow sorry for your patient there are a couple other pd1 trials going on if you want. Sorry I'm on a smart phone for first time so don't ha be details with me. From memory is a generic small company pd1 at Sarah canon. And nivo with anti-kir but only msk and maybe Portland have it open.

at least the people coordinating Merck pd1 are not administering it so that's good. Probably temps with little info. I've been satisfied with the medical staff I've dealt with. We'll except some of the drs are not as knowledgeable as they could be.

arthurjedi007
                                Participant

Wow sorry for your patient there are a couple other pd1 trials going on if you want. Sorry I'm on a smart phone for first time so don't ha be details with me. From memory is a generic small company pd1 at Sarah canon. And nivo with anti-kir but only msk and maybe Portland have it open.

at least the people coordinating Merck pd1 are not administering it so that's good. Probably temps with little info. I've been satisfied with the medical staff I've dealt with. We'll except some of the drs are not as knowledgeable as they could be.

arthurjedi007
                                  Participant

MoCedar
                                    Participant

Artie, I zm so happy to see you posting. You are going to Beat this Beast – I can feel it. You are always in my thoughts.  From my favorite lyrics "Don't stop believing!"

MoCedar
                                      Participant

Artie, I zm so happy to see you posting. You are going to Beat this Beast – I can feel it. You are always in my thoughts.  From my favorite lyrics "Don't stop believing!"

MoCedar
                                        Participant

arthurjedi007
                                          Participant

Thank you so much. The support really means a lot to me.

arthurjedi007
                                            Participant

NYKaren
                                              Participant

Good morning. Of course I'm on my not too smart phone, but isn't it on clinicaltrials.gov?  The "trial" is posted in there. If it's not, the centers thT have had Pd1 trials will get expanded access first, so they should certainly know.   And most certainly Catharine has the trial number posted there. 

karen

NYKaren
                                                Participant

Good morning. Of course I'm on my not too smart phone, but isn't it on clinicaltrials.gov?  The "trial" is posted in there. If it's not, the centers thT have had Pd1 trials will get expanded access first, so they should certainly know.   And most certainly Catharine has the trial number posted there. 

karen

POW
                                                  Participant

In Artie's original message he was asking exactly what dose of MK-3475 will be given to patients in the Expanded Access Program. I don't see that information listed on the clinicaltrials.gov web site, or anywhere else for that matter. 

POW
                                                    Participant

In Artie's original message he was asking exactly what dose of MK-3475 will be given to patients in the Expanded Access Program. I don't see that information listed on the clinicaltrials.gov web site, or anywhere else for that matter. 

Scuba Doc
                                                      Participant

Looks like the' expanded access program' at Clinicaltrials.gov number is NCT02083484

Scuba Doc
                                                        Participant

Looks like the' expanded access program' at Clinicaltrials.gov number is NCT02083484

Scuba Doc
                                                          Participant

POW
                                                            Participant

NYKaren
                                                              Participant

karen

arthurjedi007
                                                                Participant

Carole K
                                                                Participant

HI Arthur,

If you call Merck's 800 number.  sorry I don't have it with me.  At one point they will ask if you are  patient.  I believe it's number 2..  you will get in touch with the person who can give you some information.  I am not sure is she knows the dose but you can try.  She will give you all the trial numbers and then the one that is being offered off trial.  I will say I was a bit disappointed in her knowledge.  I was trying to get info for another patiet and was tellibg her about the extend of the disease..  I told her he had his spleen removed.. she replied oh he had his spleen replaced?  Sooo. go from there.

Love abd Light

Carole

Carole K
                                                                  Participant

HI Arthur,

Love abd Light

Carole

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics