The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dr. Weber consult

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Dr. Weber consult

Participant

Hi folks,

I was thinking to get Dr. Weber’s consult.  I suspect he doesn’t accept my insurance. His office told me it would be $150 for him to review my chart and do consult.
      Had anybody had a consult with him? Is it really just that much?
      I was expecting to break my bank.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Hi Daisy,

I never had a “consult” with Dr. Weber in the way you mean, but he was my oncologist for many years.  If that is what his office told you, then I am sure that is what the price is.  You could reconfirm to be certain, but his staff always followed his lead as a straight shooter.  Further, he takes patients from many far flung areas.  So I would also ask his staff about the insurance companies they accept.  They probably take more than you might expect.  celeste

Daisy2018
          Participant
            Thanks Celeste for responding.
            I guess he is the one who saves lives. He helped you sounds like, or you guys just figured it out on your own. Huh?
            I spoke with one oncologist from Chicago who doesn’t treat me now. I went to see him before I started treatment. I called him and surprisingly he called back.
            He said from what I am describing about granuloma/ sarcoidosis like lesions I m a super responder and he would not recommend more treatment. Sounds pretty scary. I only had 4 Keytruda infusions. It doesn’t seem to be enough. He recommended just to watch it, scan and not do treatments. It scares the s… out of me. I was hoping to beg for 2 years and now only 4 infusions.
            Seeing my oncologist tomorrow. Will see what he says. Wanted to ask Dr. Weber his opinion. Sounds like he is the right person to get second opinion.
            BrianP
            Participant
              I’ll 2nd Celeste’s comments on Dr Weber. Straight shooter and great at breaking it down so it all makes sense. I also like the fact he is very data driven in his recommendations. He’ll also tell you if he doesn’t know the answer. I was never treated by him but got a consultation about 3 different times when I was a critical junctures in my treatment. Good luck.
              Daisy2018
              Participant
                Thank you Brian for your response!
            Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics