The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Does this look like something I should be concerned about? Possible scalp Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Does this look like something I should be concerned about? Possible scalp Melanoma

Participant
      I was checking my moles and I’ve never checked my scalp before because I have thick medium length hair.

I have about 4 moles on my head but this one stood out because of it’s darker centre.

Does this look like something I should get checked out in your experiences with seeing Melanomas.

Here’s the image

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img921/304/6JtT9d.jpg

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

No one can tell you if it is concerning. If it is concerning to you, then go to a dermatologist and have it checked out.

UriahPH
            Participant
              Of course they can. It’s the reason people get moles checked out in the first place.

I’m not asking if it’s Melanoma although some Melanomas are pretty obvious, I’m asking if it’s something to be concerned about; Think if you had that would you get it checked out.

jennunicorn
              Participant

If it looks different than your other moles and you have noticed change then get it checked out. Everyone's melanoma looks different. Not knowing what is "normal" for you, it can't be said that it is definitely concerning. 

Kare83
                Participant

Exactly this! My melanoma looked nothing like all of the images on the internet! My doctor doubted that it was anything to even worry about.

Kare83
                  Participant

Exactly this! My melanoma looked nothing like all of the images on the internet! My doctor doubted that it was anything to even worry about.

Kare83
                    Participant

jennunicorn
                      Participant

If it looks different than your other moles and you have noticed change then get it checked out. Everyone's melanoma looks different. Not knowing what is "normal" for you, it can't be said that it is definitely concerning. 

jennunicorn
                        Participant

UriahPH
                          Participant
                            Of course they can. It’s the reason people get moles checked out in the first place.

I’m not asking if it’s Melanoma although some Melanomas are pretty obvious, I’m asking if it’s something to be concerned about; Think if you had that would you get it checked out.

UriahPH
                            Participant

jennunicorn
                            Participant

No one can tell you if it is concerning. If it is concerning to you, then go to a dermatologist and have it checked out.

jennunicorn
                              Participant

ldub
                                Participant

I think you should trust your gut – if it looks different from the others and you have a "feeling" about it, then have it checked.  It could be the best thing you ever did for yourself – there is no downside!

ldub
                                  Participant

I think you should trust your gut – if it looks different from the others and you have a "feeling" about it, then have it checked.  It could be the best thing you ever did for yourself – there is no downside!

ldub
                                    Participant

UriahPH
                                      Participant
                                        OK but have you ever seen a mole like it? And what was it?
                                        UriahPH
                                        Participant
                                          UriahPH
                                          Participant
                                            UriahPH
                                            Participant
                                              Another thing is on the same side, that submanibular gland is harder on that side while the other one I can’t even feel. It feels like a lump on the mole side and feels a tad tender when I press on it. There’s also a dole pain sometimes in that area so that plus the mole is concerning specially when it’s enlarged on that one side.
                                              UriahPH
                                              Participant
                                                Another thing is on the same side, that submanibular gland is harder on that side while the other one I can’t even feel. It feels like a lump on the mole side and feels a tad tender when I press on it. There’s also a dole pain sometimes in that area so that plus the mole is concerning specially when it’s enlarged on that one side.
                                                UriahPH
                                                Participant
                                                  jennunicorn
                                                  Participant

If you have come to a forum like this to ask the question about if it looks concerning… then that means your gut is telling you it's concerning to you. Make an appointment with a dermatologist. That's all the advice anyone on here can give you right now.

jennunicorn
                                                    Participant

If you have come to a forum like this to ask the question about if it looks concerning… then that means your gut is telling you it's concerning to you. Make an appointment with a dermatologist. That's all the advice anyone on here can give you right now.

jennunicorn
                                                      Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics