The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dodged bullet, lymph node clean, excission succesful

Forums General Melanoma Community Dodged bullet, lymph node clean, excission succesful

Participant

Had slnb and wide excision late January at Washington Hosp Center in DC; after initial stage one diagnosis received on melanoma on arm.

Just got pathology and surgery results. Negative on lymph node!!, no trace left after wide area lateral excision.

Initially was contemplating not having the SLNB done (as probability of spread was 5-10% given depth and status of melanoma initially taken out)

Decided to do it for 'peace of mind' reasons. Glad I did.

Though no guarantee of recurrence, I know; it is nevertheless much relieved.

Had slnb and wide excision late January at Washington Hosp Center in DC; after initial stage one diagnosis received on melanoma on arm.

Just got pathology and surgery results. Negative on lymph node!!, no trace left after wide area lateral excision.

Initially was contemplating not having the SLNB done (as probability of spread was 5-10% given depth and status of melanoma initially taken out)

Decided to do it for 'peace of mind' reasons. Glad I did.

Though no guarantee of recurrence, I know; it is nevertheless much relieved.

Cant say enough good things about treatment to date.

From initial meeting in Melanoma Center with dermatologists Drs Vanna and Rutterman and surgeon Dr Boisvert to pre and post op care by nurses, other staff at WHC. All staff that I encountered pre/post op were well informed – and most importantly, were excellent communicators. 

Thank you all for answering my preop questions last month and your expressions of support.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Hi,

Great news! Now, go and live life, keep your check up appointments, be vigilant and get things checked that are new or have changed or seem different somehow!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a. NED

Vermont_Donna
          Participant

Hi,

Great news! Now, go and live life, keep your check up appointments, be vigilant and get things checked that are new or have changed or seem different somehow!

Vermont_Donna
            Participant

Hi,

Minnesota
              Participant

I am happy to read your good news!

Minnesota
                Participant

Minnesota
                  Participant

mattsterama
                    Participant

Great news…..I am there with you as well, Stage Ib, 1.85 primary (left forearm) removed on 1/17/12, all pathology(WLE and SLNB) came back negative.  Thanks for posting.

mattsterama
                      Participant

Great news…..I am there with you as well, Stage Ib, 1.85 primary (left forearm) removed on 1/17/12, all pathology(WLE and SLNB) came back negative.  Thanks for posting.

mattsterama
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics