The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Disappointed w/ tanning industry yet AGAIN.

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Disappointed w/ tanning industry yet AGAIN.

Participant

My friend and coworker was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. She also has a history of basal cell carcinoma and is fair skinned, has light hair, and lots of freckles. On Monday (Melanoma Monday). She got an email from Celsius Tannery explaining the benefits of vitamin D in regards to preventing or preventing a recurrence of breast cancer. They were recommending tanning to help prevent breast cancer recurrence. And, get this, during the month of May, any donations made to them are going straight to their breast cancer research to learn more about the correlation with vitamind D.

My friend and coworker was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. She also has a history of basal cell carcinoma and is fair skinned, has light hair, and lots of freckles. On Monday (Melanoma Monday). She got an email from Celsius Tannery explaining the benefits of vitamin D in regards to preventing or preventing a recurrence of breast cancer. They were recommending tanning to help prevent breast cancer recurrence. And, get this, during the month of May, any donations made to them are going straight to their breast cancer research to learn more about the correlation with vitamind D. Of course you have to go in person to make a donation. I agree vitamin D is important. My Surgical Onc at MDA has me on it. But I get it from a pill, not a tanning booth. I am disgusted that they are promoting the use of tanning beds to prevent breast cancer. And get this, her dermatologist is doing the same thing. Her derm told her because she has had breast cancer, it would be in her best interest to tan for 10 minutes, 3 times a week, to help prevent recurrence. So let's trade one cancer for another, right? That's the answer isn't it? And although I disagree with the tanning company, why are they promoting this during Melanoma month. Wouldn't it make more sense to do it during October? Sounds to me like they're also trying to down play melanoma month since all donations in May go towards breast cancer/vitamin D research. How sad to prey on someone with one cancer to sell their business and increase their risk of another cancer.

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        KatyWI
        Participant

Disappointed?  I'm disgusted!

KatyWI
          Participant

Disappointed?  I'm disgusted!

bcl
            Participant

This linkage to BC is most concerning. The New England Journal of medicine recently published a perspective on Vit D – perhaps show it to your friend.

Unfortunately the article is only available to subscribers, http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp1102022  I was given a paper copy… here is a link to another site that posted it. ..  http://hepatitiscnewdrugs.blogspot.com/2011/03/nejm-vitamin-d-and-prevention-of-cancer.html

bcl
              Participant

This linkage to BC is most concerning. The New England Journal of medicine recently published a perspective on Vit D – perhaps show it to your friend.

Unfortunately the article is only available to subscribers, http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp1102022  I was given a paper copy… here is a link to another site that posted it. ..  http://hepatitiscnewdrugs.blogspot.com/2011/03/nejm-vitamin-d-and-prevention-of-cancer.html

bcl
                Participant
                  I've copied some industry chatter about the May campaign below.

Reading industry sites I often see moderate exposure referenced – yet the American Academy of Pediatrics released a policy statement in February calling UV radiation a hazard to children and youth, and indicated that “The intensity of UVA radiation produced by some tanning units may be 10 to 15 times higher than that of the midday sun” (http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/abstract/peds.2010-3501v1 )  

10 – 15 times more radiation than the midday sun hardly sounds like moderate to me…. 

Looking Fit / TanToday Team

Arrow D-Feat Breast Cancer Campaign: May 2011

I posted this news over on LookingFit this week – wanted to make sure any interested salon owners here saw it, too…

Professional salon owners will unite this May in a community effort to support the industry.

The D-Feat Breast Cancer Campaign is a salon-based fund-raising initiative designed to empower communities to support and fund research and awareness of one of the most powerful natural preventions for breast cancer – vitamin D. Dollars raised will fund research and awareness of UV-induced vitamin D’s role in breast cancer prevention and will also support research that challenges anti-UV propaganda. The two primary organizations that will be supported with D-Feat dollars are:

GrassRootsHealth.org – Driven by Carole Baggerly, a breast cancer survivor who travels North America educating hundreds of health care experts, including physicians, about the benefits of vitamin D.

Chapelle Epidemiology Group – An epidemiology research group that is conducting research to challenge questionable tanning and melanoma science. Sun exposure paranoia is believed to be the leading cause of vitamin D deficiency.

The idea of the program is to collect in-store contributions throughout the month-long campaign in May. Each salon should set a minimum goal of $600. There are several ways that customers can participate. For example:

• Offer clients a free upgrade if they donate $10 to help defeat breast cancer.

• For a $5 donation, customers will receive a complimentary pink D-feat Breast Cancer band to wear.

• Wall placards with a space to write in the donor’s name are available for clients who contribute $1.

• Salons can also come up with their own unique incentives (discounts, etc.) based on their clientele and product mix.

If a participating salon collects one $10 upgrade donation, one $5 pink wristband donation, and five $1 pledge marker donations each day, it will exceed the $600 monthly goal. ($20 x 31 days = $600+).

Free to salon owners, D-Feat Campaign Kits include: 200 pledge markers ($1 donation), 100 wristbands ($5 donation), two posters, a window cling and a counter tent card.

“This is a great way to promote the benefits of moderate UV light exposure,” says Roger Holmes, president of the 22-store Leawood, Kan.-based Celsius Tannery chain. He’s been working behind the scenes for months to promote the project among salon owners. “D-Feat Breast Cancer engages customers, creates goodwill in the community and raises money for the good of the industry.”

The project is just part of a bigger dream for Holmes, who has his sights set on the collective power of unified indoor tanning professionals. He suggests, “Wouldn’t it be nice if this became just one of a calendar of events that the industry participated in together?”

For more information or to order your D-Feat Campaign Kits, call 800.652.3269.

[email protected]

Last edited by kbutler; 6th April 2011 at 04:43 PM.

Old 6th April 2011, 04:05 PM
                  The Good, The Bad, The Banned

Default Re: D-Feat Breast Cancer Campaign: May 2011

There is absolutely nothing that could possibly go wrong with tanning salons promoting vitamin D.
                  Old 6th April 2011, 04:55 PM

i think of it more as an opportunity for tanning salons to connect with their communities to support breast cancer research.
                  [email protected]
                  Old 6th April 2011, 05:19 PM

I'm sure you meant well.

But tanning salons have to craft their message a bit differently. There are some causes you should just stay away from. Vitamin-D, anything with cancer, and anything to do with power conservation are among them..

Can you imagine a tanning salon touting: "Make sure you turn your lights off when you leave so you don't use excess electricity!"

A valiant message, but a stupid one for a tanning salon to promote simply for perception reasons..

There are a ~million social/charity initiatives you can get involved with that don't have misconception/perception issues. Help save the whales or something.

Old 6th April 2011, 05:34 PM
                  All Star

Thanks for the posts Karen. Please all Tan Today viewers : your help is needed and would be much appreciated. I (we) need to make the May 2011 Professional Indoor Suntanning Fundraiser wildly sucessful. We are trying to get the campaign in front of as many eye-balls, as many time as possible. The current Smarttan Magazine is doing a feature article and multiple e-mail blasts on this campaign. Looking Fit's online magazine sent out an article on the campaign. The ITA is making me member of the month to feature the fundraiser. Four Seasons,Heartland Tan, Suntan Supply, P.C. Marketing, MRI, Performance Brands, Future Industries and Cosmedico are some that are putting a flier in all customer orders and/or e-mailing their databases. Bill Pipp was kind enough to write a great testimonial and we could use more! We have oral commitments from over 900 salons so far. There is NO cost to the salon, just a 50.00 deposit.Can I count on you to participate? Please also encourage ALL Professional Suntanning Salons to get involved. Also a shout out to Smarttan for voluntering to help out by printing,taking orders,delivering and collecting proceeds for this event. Thanks for your help in advance -Roger Holmes
                  Old 6th April 2011, 06:15 PM
                  All Star

The hard part for us supporting breast cancer today is that we lost a good friend/Client in her fight with Melenoma today at the young age of 31. It may sound stupid to some but why not help raise money in our industry to help the research on how to cure people with this cancer? Whether if from genetics or UV exposure we need to help find a cure or to control it. God bless Tina, you will be missed.
                  Old 6th April 2011, 07:25 PM

Perhaps this thread belongs in the private forum.
                  Old 7th April 2011, 06:44 PM
                  All Star

Please add Everyday Shorts to the list that are helping us out! Thanks Chad
                  Old 8th April 2011, 10:49 AM
                  Super Star

Why is this being done in May, and not Oct.? (Isn't Oct. Breast Cancer Awareness month?)
                  Old 8th April 2011, 02:05 PM
                  All Star

We are doing this in May Gemini because we see more people in May and hope to get more involved Thanks for the question.

Old 8th April 2011, 02:07 PM
                  All Star

Also a shout out to Devoted Creations for helping spread the word about this event !! Thanks Lewis

Old 8th April 2011, 02:36 PM

The campaign story got picked up by Natural News:
                  D-Feat Breast Cancer Campaign recruits salons to help promote the message that vitamin D helps prevent breast cancer

The article contrasts the salon community's proactive preventive efforts as compared to what's being done by a powerhouse organization such as Susan G. Komen. The latter's efforts aim to raise awareness about the disease – yet do "nothing at all" to actually prevent it by discussing the potential role of diet, exercise, UV exposure (including indoor tanning)…

Very cool!

[email protected]
                  Old 8th April 2011, 03:00 PM
                  All Star

The word is getting out !

Thank you Brian – The Sun Doctor for spreading the word- your help is appreciated

Old 8th April 2011, 03:10 PM
                  Hall of Famer

This is a good cause. I will do what I can. I think that latching on to a cause of this magnitude will benefit and bring a positive spin to our industry for a change. I see pink stuff everywhere. A lot of people support it and if we can capitalize on that then it may help change peoples perspective of tanning if we associate ourselves with an organization that people perceive as positive.

It certainly can't hurt.

[email protected]
                  http://www.supratechnologies.com
                  ITA Member 2010, 2011

…'cause I mac like a real G…h.i.j.k…l.m.n.o.P is for Pimpin', Early Mornin' Stoned Pimpin'…

In loving memory of Robert M. Oshman 8/2/1943 – 9/21/2010 Love you Dad!

Old 8th April 2011, 03:57 PM
                  All Star

Juat spent an hour on the phone with Rob K at Superior UV Technologies – thanks for your support and thoughts to make this great plan even better!
                  Old 8th April 2011, 05:37 PM
                  All Star

PodzEyeWear is supporting the cause. Thank you Christine and Howard !
                  Old 8th April 2011, 05:45 PM

No doubt, what with their Dr. Sun Rx Vitamin D lotion line!
                  [email protected]
                  Old 8th April 2011, 06:14 PM
                  All Star

Bad News and one more reason to get involved and support our industry

UK Tanning Bed Ban: Good Idea for America?? – ABC News

Old 12th April 2011, 01:12 PM
                  All Star

Welcome Norvell to the cause !! thanks for the support Rick
                  Old 12th April 2011, 06:51 PM
                  Hall of Famer

Let's get this topic some legs.

Not very many posts on this. What are everyone's thoughts on this topic? This seems to be a good cause to raise some cabbage to help fight our cause and provide funding to third party researchers that can perform unbiased studies in favor of UV and indoor tanning.

This is something that everyone has been asking for, well how about jumping on board? What is your reluctance?

Let's start some dialog about this so we can feel out what people like and dislike about this and just at least show a pulse.

If I started some drama on here I would have a 20 page thread with 4,000 views. Let's make this one like that. Everyone has an opinion on this. Let's hear it.

Next….

[email protected]
                  ITA Member 2010, 2011

…'cause I mac like a real G…h.i.j.k…l.m.n.o.P is for Pimpin', Early Mornin' Stoned Pimpin'…

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
                  Old 12th April 2011, 07:37 PM
                  Hall of Famer

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tan Las Vegas View Post
                  The hard part for us supporting breast cancer today is that we lost a good friend/Client in her fight with Melenoma today at the young age of 31. It may sound stupid to some but why not help raise money in our industry to help the research on how to cure people with this cancer? Whether if from genetics or UV exposure we need to help find a cure or to control it. God bless Tina, you will be missed.

sorry for your loss…thats way too young! hope you can cope in a positive manner as time goes on.

Old 12th April 2011, 07:39 PM
                  Hall of Famer

ok, this definately sounds interesting. promoting such a thing with all this provided material easily will push a positive spin on tanning indoors. finally an opportunity to fight back. show that tanning is good. sign me up!!
                  Old 12th April 2011, 09:17 PM
                  All Star

Northtanman – so glad to see that you get "it". I want to say that putting this all together has been quite a challange, but it has also allowed me to meet, talk and interact with some great people and that is always fun. Thanks for your vote of confidence and helping make a difference by getting involved with us.Don't forget to call 1-800-652-3269 and order your kit(s)
                  Old 21st April 2011, 03:56 PM
                  All Star

Welcome Ultraviolet Resources International to the team of industry organizations that are spreading the word ! Thanks so much John
                  Old 21st April 2011, 04:07 PM
                  Hall of Famer

Thank you Roger for stepping up. You are one very motivated person!
                  [email protected]
                  Old 21st April 2011, 04:19 PM
                  Hall of Famer

For salons this couldn't be easier.

Follow this link to order

Just use the link above to order your kit for $49.95.

Participating in the D-Feat Breast Cancer campaign shows your clients and your communities – in a very visible way for your business – the importance of funding vitamin D research to its logical conclusion. It also shows them that your business is part of the solution. The objectives of the campaign for you and your staff are:

•To increase awareness of the fact that new research now links vitamin D deficiency with significantly higher rates of breast cancer.

•To raise money so that research may be continued.

Each kit includes:

• 2 Posters – Campaign participants will receive two campaign posters. The posters increase awareness of research about vitamin D and breast cancer prevention while calling for $1 or $5 donations to fund research. (That’s Smart Tan’s suggestion for pledge levels. You can set them at any level.)

• Counter Tent Card – More awareness and promotion for the Campaign.

• 200 Pledge Markers – Contributors place their name on pledge cards that you can display in your salon. The pledge markers – featuring a D and the pink breast cancer ribbon – also promote the fact that your business is raising money for breast cancer research.

• 100 Pink Wristbands – Wristbands have become synonymous with cancer prevention causes. This one is pink and says “D-Feat Breast Cancer.” Smart Tan suggests you distribute them to contributors who donate $5 or more.

• Official Window Decal – With the “D-Feat Breast Cancer” logo.

• A press release and a letter to the editor for your business will also be included in the kit. Copy these and send them to your local media.

[email protected]
                  Old 21st April 2011, 04:36 PM
                  All Star

I am thinking Motivated is code for crazy,
                  Old 21st April 2011, 11:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to frankie Send a message via Yahoo to frankie

I purchased my kit yesterday.

Frankie Burrell
                  Southeast Sales Executive
                  MR International
                  [email protected]
                  Old 22nd April 2011, 07:54 AM
                  All Star

Thanks Frankie and to the hundreds of others that have ordered!
                  Old 22nd April 2011, 08:08 AM
                  Rookie

I got mine in the mail yesterday!

Old 22nd April 2011, 08:55 AM
                  All Star

Come on one and all. Do this please ! We can all have some fun and do something great !

Old Today, 04:12 PM
                  Rookie

Hey Roger

As you know Victoria is a little ADD and we started early on the D-feat campaign.

Here are our totals from the first 8 days

Item, Qty, Donations
                  D-FEAT $1 PLEDGE CARD, 657, $657.00
                  D-FEAT $5 BRACELET, 599, $2995.00

Old Today, 04:24 PM
                  Hall of Famer

Dan looks like you'll have no problems hitting that $600 per store target!
                  Participant
                    I've copied some industry chatter about the May campaign below.

Reading industry sites I often see moderate exposure referenced – yet the American Academy of Pediatrics released a policy statement in February calling UV radiation a hazard to children and youth, and indicated that “The intensity of UVA radiation produced by some tanning units may be 10 to 15 times higher than that of the midday sun” (http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/abstract/peds.2010-3501v1 )  

10 – 15 times more radiation than the midday sun hardly sounds like moderate to me…. 

Arrow D-Feat Breast Cancer Campaign: May 2011

I posted this news over on LookingFit this week – wanted to make sure any interested salon owners here saw it, too…

Professional salon owners will unite this May in a community effort to support the industry.

The D-Feat Breast Cancer Campaign is a salon-based fund-raising initiative designed to empower communities to support and fund research and awareness of one of the most powerful natural preventions for breast cancer – vitamin D. Dollars raised will fund research and awareness of UV-induced vitamin D’s role in breast cancer prevention and will also support research that challenges anti-UV propaganda. The two primary organizations that will be supported with D-Feat dollars are:

GrassRootsHealth.org – Driven by Carole Baggerly, a breast cancer survivor who travels North America educating hundreds of health care experts, including physicians, about the benefits of vitamin D.

Chapelle Epidemiology Group – An epidemiology research group that is conducting research to challenge questionable tanning and melanoma science. Sun exposure paranoia is believed to be the leading cause of vitamin D deficiency.

The idea of the program is to collect in-store contributions throughout the month-long campaign in May. Each salon should set a minimum goal of $600. There are several ways that customers can participate. For example:

• Offer clients a free upgrade if they donate $10 to help defeat breast cancer.

• For a $5 donation, customers will receive a complimentary pink D-feat Breast Cancer band to wear.

• Wall placards with a space to write in the donor’s name are available for clients who contribute $1.

• Salons can also come up with their own unique incentives (discounts, etc.) based on their clientele and product mix.

If a participating salon collects one $10 upgrade donation, one $5 pink wristband donation, and five $1 pledge marker donations each day, it will exceed the $600 monthly goal. ($20 x 31 days = $600+).

Free to salon owners, D-Feat Campaign Kits include: 200 pledge markers ($1 donation), 100 wristbands ($5 donation), two posters, a window cling and a counter tent card.

“This is a great way to promote the benefits of moderate UV light exposure,” says Roger Holmes, president of the 22-store Leawood, Kan.-based Celsius Tannery chain. He’s been working behind the scenes for months to promote the project among salon owners. “D-Feat Breast Cancer engages customers, creates goodwill in the community and raises money for the good of the industry.”

The project is just part of a bigger dream for Holmes, who has his sights set on the collective power of unified indoor tanning professionals. He suggests, “Wouldn’t it be nice if this became just one of a calendar of events that the industry participated in together?”

For more information or to order your D-Feat Campaign Kits, call 800.652.3269.

[email protected]

Last edited by kbutler; 6th April 2011 at 04:43 PM.

Old 6th April 2011, 04:05 PM

There is absolutely nothing that could possibly go wrong with tanning salons promoting vitamin D.
                    Old 6th April 2011, 04:55 PM

i think of it more as an opportunity for tanning salons to connect with their communities to support breast cancer research.
                    [email protected]
                    Old 6th April 2011, 05:19 PM

I'm sure you meant well.

But tanning salons have to craft their message a bit differently. There are some causes you should just stay away from. Vitamin-D, anything with cancer, and anything to do with power conservation are among them..

Can you imagine a tanning salon touting: "Make sure you turn your lights off when you leave so you don't use excess electricity!"

A valiant message, but a stupid one for a tanning salon to promote simply for perception reasons..

There are a ~million social/charity initiatives you can get involved with that don't have misconception/perception issues. Help save the whales or something.

Old 6th April 2011, 05:34 PM
                    All Star

Thanks for the posts Karen. Please all Tan Today viewers : your help is needed and would be much appreciated. I (we) need to make the May 2011 Professional Indoor Suntanning Fundraiser wildly sucessful. We are trying to get the campaign in front of as many eye-balls, as many time as possible. The current Smarttan Magazine is doing a feature article and multiple e-mail blasts on this campaign. Looking Fit's online magazine sent out an article on the campaign. The ITA is making me member of the month to feature the fundraiser. Four Seasons,Heartland Tan, Suntan Supply, P.C. Marketing, MRI, Performance Brands, Future Industries and Cosmedico are some that are putting a flier in all customer orders and/or e-mailing their databases. Bill Pipp was kind enough to write a great testimonial and we could use more! We have oral commitments from over 900 salons so far. There is NO cost to the salon, just a 50.00 deposit.Can I count on you to participate? Please also encourage ALL Professional Suntanning Salons to get involved. Also a shout out to Smarttan for voluntering to help out by printing,taking orders,delivering and collecting proceeds for this event. Thanks for your help in advance -Roger Holmes
                    Old 6th April 2011, 06:15 PM
                    All Star

Old 6th April 2011, 07:25 PM

Perhaps this thread belongs in the private forum.
                    Old 7th April 2011, 06:44 PM
                    All Star

Please add Everyday Shorts to the list that are helping us out! Thanks Chad
                    Old 8th April 2011, 10:49 AM
                    Super Star

Why is this being done in May, and not Oct.? (Isn't Oct. Breast Cancer Awareness month?)
                    Old 8th April 2011, 02:05 PM
                    All Star

We are doing this in May Gemini because we see more people in May and hope to get more involved Thanks for the question.

Old 8th April 2011, 02:07 PM
                    All Star

Also a shout out to Devoted Creations for helping spread the word about this event !! Thanks Lewis

Old 8th April 2011, 02:36 PM

The campaign story got picked up by Natural News:
                    D-Feat Breast Cancer Campaign recruits salons to help promote the message that vitamin D helps prevent breast cancer

The article contrasts the salon community's proactive preventive efforts as compared to what's being done by a powerhouse organization such as Susan G. Komen. The latter's efforts aim to raise awareness about the disease – yet do "nothing at all" to actually prevent it by discussing the potential role of diet, exercise, UV exposure (including indoor tanning)…

Very cool!

[email protected]
                    Old 8th April 2011, 03:00 PM
                    All Star

The word is getting out !

Thank you Brian – The Sun Doctor for spreading the word- your help is appreciated

Old 8th April 2011, 03:10 PM
                    Hall of Famer

This is a good cause. I will do what I can. I think that latching on to a cause of this magnitude will benefit and bring a positive spin to our industry for a change. I see pink stuff everywhere. A lot of people support it and if we can capitalize on that then it may help change peoples perspective of tanning if we associate ourselves with an organization that people perceive as positive.

It certainly can't hurt.

[email protected]
                    ITA Member 2010, 2011

Old 8th April 2011, 03:57 PM
                    All Star

Juat spent an hour on the phone with Rob K at Superior UV Technologies – thanks for your support and thoughts to make this great plan even better!
                    Old 8th April 2011, 05:37 PM
                    All Star

PodzEyeWear is supporting the cause. Thank you Christine and Howard !
                    Old 8th April 2011, 05:45 PM

No doubt, what with their Dr. Sun Rx Vitamin D lotion line!
                    [email protected]
                    Old 8th April 2011, 06:14 PM
                    All Star

Bad News and one more reason to get involved and support our industry

UK Tanning Bed Ban: Good Idea for America?? – ABC News

Old 12th April 2011, 01:12 PM
                    All Star

Welcome Norvell to the cause !! thanks for the support Rick
                    Old 12th April 2011, 06:51 PM
                    Hall of Famer

Let's get this topic some legs.

Not very many posts on this. What are everyone's thoughts on this topic? This seems to be a good cause to raise some cabbage to help fight our cause and provide funding to third party researchers that can perform unbiased studies in favor of UV and indoor tanning.

This is something that everyone has been asking for, well how about jumping on board? What is your reluctance?

Let's start some dialog about this so we can feel out what people like and dislike about this and just at least show a pulse.

If I started some drama on here I would have a 20 page thread with 4,000 views. Let's make this one like that. Everyone has an opinion on this. Let's hear it.

Next….

[email protected]
                    ITA Member 2010, 2011

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
                    Old 12th April 2011, 07:37 PM
                    Hall of Famer

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Tan Las Vegas View Post

sorry for your loss…thats way too young! hope you can cope in a positive manner as time goes on.

Old 12th April 2011, 07:39 PM
                    Hall of Famer

ok, this definately sounds interesting. promoting such a thing with all this provided material easily will push a positive spin on tanning indoors. finally an opportunity to fight back. show that tanning is good. sign me up!!
                    Old 12th April 2011, 09:17 PM
                    All Star

Northtanman – so glad to see that you get "it". I want to say that putting this all together has been quite a challange, but it has also allowed me to meet, talk and interact with some great people and that is always fun. Thanks for your vote of confidence and helping make a difference by getting involved with us.Don't forget to call 1-800-652-3269 and order your kit(s)
                    Old 21st April 2011, 03:56 PM
                    All Star

Welcome Ultraviolet Resources International to the team of industry organizations that are spreading the word ! Thanks so much John
                    Old 21st April 2011, 04:07 PM
                    Hall of Famer

Thank you Roger for stepping up. You are one very motivated person!
                    [email protected]
                    Old 21st April 2011, 04:19 PM
                    Hall of Famer

For salons this couldn't be easier.

Follow this link to order

Just use the link above to order your kit for $49.95.

Participating in the D-Feat Breast Cancer campaign shows your clients and your communities – in a very visible way for your business – the importance of funding vitamin D research to its logical conclusion. It also shows them that your business is part of the solution. The objectives of the campaign for you and your staff are:

•To increase awareness of the fact that new research now links vitamin D deficiency with significantly higher rates of breast cancer.

•To raise money so that research may be continued.

Each kit includes:

• 2 Posters – Campaign participants will receive two campaign posters. The posters increase awareness of research about vitamin D and breast cancer prevention while calling for $1 or $5 donations to fund research. (That’s Smart Tan’s suggestion for pledge levels. You can set them at any level.)

• Counter Tent Card – More awareness and promotion for the Campaign.

• 200 Pledge Markers – Contributors place their name on pledge cards that you can display in your salon. The pledge markers – featuring a D and the pink breast cancer ribbon – also promote the fact that your business is raising money for breast cancer research.

• 100 Pink Wristbands – Wristbands have become synonymous with cancer prevention causes. This one is pink and says “D-Feat Breast Cancer.” Smart Tan suggests you distribute them to contributors who donate $5 or more.

• Official Window Decal – With the “D-Feat Breast Cancer” logo.

• A press release and a letter to the editor for your business will also be included in the kit. Copy these and send them to your local media.

[email protected]
                    Old 21st April 2011, 04:36 PM
                    All Star

I am thinking Motivated is code for crazy,
                    Old 21st April 2011, 11:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to frankie Send a message via Yahoo to frankie

I purchased my kit yesterday.

Frankie Burrell
                    Southeast Sales Executive
                    MR International
                    [email protected]
                    Old 22nd April 2011, 07:54 AM
                    All Star

Thanks Frankie and to the hundreds of others that have ordered!
                    Old 22nd April 2011, 08:08 AM
                    Rookie

I got mine in the mail yesterday!

Old 22nd April 2011, 08:55 AM
                    All Star

Come on one and all. Do this please ! We can all have some fun and do something great !

Old Today, 04:12 PM
                    Rookie

Hey Roger

As you know Victoria is a little ADD and we started early on the D-feat campaign.

Here are our totals from the first 8 days

Item, Qty, Donations
                    D-FEAT $1 PLEDGE CARD, 657, $657.00
                    D-FEAT $5 BRACELET, 599, $2995.00

Old Today, 04:24 PM
                    Hall of Famer

Dan looks like you'll have no problems hitting that $600 per store target!
                    Participant

Jamietk

The tanning salon was correct in what they told her. This is well documented with Vitamin D. Do a search on the internet and you find many documented cases for breast cancer and Vitamin D.

Taking the Vitamin D pill is not the same thing as getting it from ultraviolet light.

Don't believe me . Get your vitamin D checked with the pills you are taking and then get some ultraviolet light and you will see your vitamin D level soar after doing the ultraviolet lights.

Studies are now finding that Vitamin D is needed in fighting off cancers. This is why that her dermatologists suggested it.

They are now realizing that they were wrong in trying to blame everything on a tanning bed.

bcl
                        Participant

Hello, now where do you come from  (maybe here eh  http://www.tantoday.com/forums/salon-discussion/43865-another-site-using-tan-today-make-tanning-industry-look-bad.html )

You seem awfully sure of your expertise in this matter  – and yet the The New England Journal of Medicine is stating here that the VitD/ BC link is not so clear cut .. http://vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=497

Vitamin D and Prevention of Cancer — Ready for Prime Time?
                          JoAnn E. Manson, M.D., Dr.P.H., Susan T. Mayne, Ph.D., and Steven K. Clinton, M.D., Ph.D.

Given that the potential role of vitamin D in
                          cancer prevention has been widely touted,
                          many people were surprised that cancer-related
                          considerations didn’t figure prominently in the new Dietary Reference Intakes
                          for vitamin D established by the
                          Institute of Medicine (IOM).1 An
                          IOM committee on which we
                          served, charged with determining
                          the population needs for
                          vitamin D in North America, reviewed
                          the evidence linking vitamin
                          D with both skeletal and
                          nonskeletal health outcomes. The
                          committee concluded that vitamin
                          D plays an important role
                          in bone health and that the evidence
                          provides a sound basis for
                          determining the population’s
                          needs. For outcomes beyond
                          bone health, however, including
                          cancer, cardiovascular disease,
                          diabetes, and autoimmune disorders,
                          the evidence was found
                          to be inconsistent and inconclusive
                          as to causality.
                          Based on vitamin D’s importance
                          to bone health, the recommended
                          dietary allowances
                          (RDAs) are 600 IU per day for
                          persons 1 to 70 years of age and
                          800 IU per day for persons over
                          70 — intakes corresponding to
                          a serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D
                          level of at least 20 ng per milliliter
                          (50 nmol per liter). Because
                          of wide variation in skin synthesis
                          of vitamin D and the known
                          risks of skin cancer, we derived
                          the RDAs under the assumption
                          that sun exposure would be minimal.
                          The committee also concluded
                          that the prevalence of vitamin
                          D inadequacy in North
                          America has been overestimated.
                          Most North Americans have serum
                          25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations
                          above 20 ng per milliliter,
                          which is adequate for bone
                          health in at least 97.5% of the
                          population.1
                          The committee’s comprehensive
                          review of the evidence regarding
                          vitamin D’s role in preventing
                          cancer, however, revealed that
                          the research is inconsistent and
                          doesn’t establish a cause–effect
                          relationship. Other recent reviews
                          have reached similar conclusions.
                          2,3 No large-scale randomized
                          clinical trial of vitamin D
                          has been completed with cancer
                          as the primary prespecified outcome.
                          Most evidence is derived
                          from laboratory studies, ecologic
                          correlations, and observational investigations
                          of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin
                          D levels in association
                          with cancer outcomes. Although this serum measure is a useful marker of current vitamin D exposure, associational studies have important limitations. Specifically, low serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels are also linked with confounding factors related to higher cancer risk, including obesity (vitamin D becomes sequestered in adipose tissue), lack of physical activity (correlated with less time outdoors and less solar exposure), dark skin pigmentation (less skin synthesis of vitamin D in response to sun), and diet
                          or supplementation practices. Reverse-causation bias may also occur if poor health reduces participation in outdoor activities and sun exposure or adversely affects diet, resulting in lower vitamin D levels. Association therefore cannot prove causation. Many micronutrients that seemed promising in observational studies (e.g., beta carotene, vitamins C and E, folic acid, and selenium) were not found to reduce cancer risk in randomized clinical trials, and some were found to cause harm at high doses.4
                          The theory that vitamin D can help prevent cancer is biologically plausible. The vitamin D receptor is expressed in most tissues. Studies in cell culture and experimental models suggest that calcitriol promotes cell differentiation, inhibits cancer-cell proliferation, and exhibits antiinflammatory, proapoptotic, and antiangiogenic properties. Such findings suggest, but don’t prove, that vitamin D has a role in preventing the development of cancer or slowing its progression.
                          Although several observational studies have linked low serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels with increased cancer incidence and mortality, randomized-trial evidence is sparse.1,2 Three vitamin D trials, including one trial comparing a combination of vitamin D with calcium to calcium alone, have assessed the occurrence of newly diagnosed cancers or cancer mortality as secondary outcomes, but the results were null (see table).1-3

Regarding breast-cancer risk specifically, three observational cohort studies of plasma 25- hydroxyvitamin D levels had inconsistent results: one small study found an inverse association, one large study found no association, and one large study found no overall trend but an inverse association in one subgroup.1,2 An inverse association observed in crude analyses in one study disappeared after adjustment for body-mass index and physical activity. Only one randomized trial (the Women’s Health Initiative [WHI] trial) was large enough to assess breast cancer as a separate, although secondary, outcome; overall, it showed no significant effect of the intervention on breast-cancer incidence (hazard ratio, 0.96; 95% confidence interval [CI], 0.86 to 1.07) or related mortality (hazard ratio, 0.99). After stratifying the study population according to baseline vitamin D intake (diet plus supplements), the investigators found that women with the lowest baseline intakes had a reduced risk of breast cancer with the intervention (hazard ratio, 0.79; 95% CI, 0.65 to 0.97), whereas women with the highest baseline intakes (≥600 IU per day) actually had a significantly increased risk (hazard ratio, 1.34; 95% CI, 1.01 to 1.78; P for interaction = 0.003).

Observational studies of serum vitamin D levels and colorectal cancer generally support an inverse association.1-3 According to a meta-analysis of prospective data from five studies, subjects with a serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D level of 33 ng per milliliter or higher had about half the risk of colorectal cancer of those with levels of 12 ng per milliliter or lower. The European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition study recently reported a similarly strong inverse association. A prospective study from the Japan Public Health Center did not find an inverse relation between plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and the occurrence of colon cancer, although an inverse association with rectal cancer was apparent. Randomized trial evidence is limited. In a British trial comparing vitamin D3 with placebo, the intervention was not associated with a change in colorectal-cancer incidence (relative risk, 1.02; 95% CI, 0.60 to 1.74). Similarly, in the WHI trial, calcium plus vitamin D3 did not reduce the incidence of colorectal cancer (relative risk, 1.08; 95% CI, 0.86 to 1.34) or related mortality (relative risk, 0.82; 95% CI, 0.52 to 1.29).
                          Although ecologic studies suggest that mortality due to prostate cancer is inversely related to sun exposure, observational
                          analytic studies of serum 25- hydroxyvitamin D and prostate cancer haven’t supported this conclusion.1-3 Eight of 12 nested case–control studies showed no association between baseline serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and prostate-cancer risk, and just 1 showed a significant inverse association; a more recent nested case–control analysis of data from the α-Tocopherol, β-Carotene Cancer Prevention Study showed no association. Moreover, a meta-analysis of 45 observational studies of dairy-product intake and prostate-cancer risk showed no significant association with dietary intake of vitamin D. No relevant randomized clinical trials were identified.
                          The large-scale Cohort Consortium Vitamin D Pooling Project of Rarer Cancers showed no evidence linking higher serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations to reduced risk of less common cancers, including endometrial, esophageal, gastric, kidney, pancreatic, and ovarian cancers and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma5 (which together account for approximately half of all cancers worldwide). Moreover, the report provided evidence suggestive of a significantly increased risk of pancreatic cancer at high 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels (≥40 ng per milliliter).5 An increased risk of esophageal cancer at higher 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels has also been reported.
                          Despite biologic plausibility and widespread enthusiasm, the IOM committee found that the evidence that vitamin D reduces cancer incidence and related mortality was inconsistent and inconclusive as to causality. New trials assessing moderate-to-high-dose vitamin D supplementation for cancer prevention are in progress and should provide additional information within 5 to 6 years. Although future research may demonstrate clear benefits of vitamin D related to cancer and other nonskeletal health outcomes, and possibly support higher intake requirements, the existing evidence falls short.
                          Disclosure forms provided by the authors are available with the full text of this article at NEJM.org.
                          From the Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston (J.E.M.); the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale Schools of Public Health and Medicine, New Haven, CT (S.T.M.); the Division of Medical Oncology, Ohio State University, Columbus (S.K.C.); and the Institute of Medicine Committee on Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin D and Calcium (J.E.M., S.T.M., S.K.C.).
                          This article (10.1056/NEJMp1102022) was published on March 23, 2011, at NEJM.org.
                          1. Institute of Medicine. Dietary reference intakes for calcium and vitamin D. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 2011.
                          2. Chung M, Balk EM, Brendel M, et al. Vitamin D and calcium: a systematic review of health outcomes. Evidence report no. 183. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2009. (AHRQ publication no. 09-E015.)
                          3. International Agency for Research on Cancer. Vitamin D and cancer — a report of the IARC working group on vitamin D. Lyon, France: World Health Organization Press, 2008.
                          4. Byers T. Anticancer vitamins du jour — the ABCED’s so far. Am J Epidemiol 2010;
                          172:1-3.
                          5. Helzlsouer KJ. Overview of the Cohort Consortium Vitamin D Pooling Project of Rarer Cancers. Am J Epidemiol 2010;172:4-9.
                          Copyright © 2011 Massachusetts Medical Society.

bcl
                          Participant

Hello, now where do you come from  (maybe here eh  http://www.tantoday.com/forums/salon-discussion/43865-another-site-using-tan-today-make-tanning-industry-look-bad.html )

You seem awfully sure of your expertise in this matter  – and yet the The New England Journal of Medicine is stating here that the VitD/ BC link is not so clear cut .. http://vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=497

Vitamin D and Prevention of Cancer — Ready for Prime Time?
                            JoAnn E. Manson, M.D., Dr.P.H., Susan T. Mayne, Ph.D., and Steven K. Clinton, M.D., Ph.D.

Given that the potential role of vitamin D in
                            cancer prevention has been widely touted,
                            many people were surprised that cancer-related
                            considerations didn’t figure prominently in the new Dietary Reference Intakes
                            for vitamin D established by the
                            Institute of Medicine (IOM).1 An
                            IOM committee on which we
                            served, charged with determining
                            the population needs for
                            vitamin D in North America, reviewed
                            the evidence linking vitamin
                            D with both skeletal and
                            nonskeletal health outcomes. The
                            committee concluded that vitamin
                            D plays an important role
                            in bone health and that the evidence
                            provides a sound basis for
                            determining the population’s
                            needs. For outcomes beyond
                            bone health, however, including
                            cancer, cardiovascular disease,
                            diabetes, and autoimmune disorders,
                            the evidence was found
                            to be inconsistent and inconclusive
                            as to causality.
                            Based on vitamin D’s importance
                            to bone health, the recommended
                            dietary allowances
                            (RDAs) are 600 IU per day for
                            persons 1 to 70 years of age and
                            800 IU per day for persons over
                            70 — intakes corresponding to
                            a serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D
                            level of at least 20 ng per milliliter
                            (50 nmol per liter). Because
                            of wide variation in skin synthesis
                            of vitamin D and the known
                            risks of skin cancer, we derived
                            the RDAs under the assumption
                            that sun exposure would be minimal.
                            The committee also concluded
                            that the prevalence of vitamin
                            D inadequacy in North
                            America has been overestimated.
                            Most North Americans have serum
                            25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations
                            above 20 ng per milliliter,
                            which is adequate for bone
                            health in at least 97.5% of the
                            population.1
                            The committee’s comprehensive
                            review of the evidence regarding
                            vitamin D’s role in preventing
                            cancer, however, revealed that
                            the research is inconsistent and
                            doesn’t establish a cause–effect
                            relationship. Other recent reviews
                            have reached similar conclusions.
                            2,3 No large-scale randomized
                            clinical trial of vitamin D
                            has been completed with cancer
                            as the primary prespecified outcome.
                            Most evidence is derived
                            from laboratory studies, ecologic
                            correlations, and observational investigations
                            of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin
                            D levels in association
                            with cancer outcomes. Although this serum measure is a useful marker of current vitamin D exposure, associational studies have important limitations. Specifically, low serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels are also linked with confounding factors related to higher cancer risk, including obesity (vitamin D becomes sequestered in adipose tissue), lack of physical activity (correlated with less time outdoors and less solar exposure), dark skin pigmentation (less skin synthesis of vitamin D in response to sun), and diet
                            or supplementation practices. Reverse-causation bias may also occur if poor health reduces participation in outdoor activities and sun exposure or adversely affects diet, resulting in lower vitamin D levels. Association therefore cannot prove causation. Many micronutrients that seemed promising in observational studies (e.g., beta carotene, vitamins C and E, folic acid, and selenium) were not found to reduce cancer risk in randomized clinical trials, and some were found to cause harm at high doses.4
                            The theory that vitamin D can help prevent cancer is biologically plausible. The vitamin D receptor is expressed in most tissues. Studies in cell culture and experimental models suggest that calcitriol promotes cell differentiation, inhibits cancer-cell proliferation, and exhibits antiinflammatory, proapoptotic, and antiangiogenic properties. Such findings suggest, but don’t prove, that vitamin D has a role in preventing the development of cancer or slowing its progression.
                            Although several observational studies have linked low serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels with increased cancer incidence and mortality, randomized-trial evidence is sparse.1,2 Three vitamin D trials, including one trial comparing a combination of vitamin D with calcium to calcium alone, have assessed the occurrence of newly diagnosed cancers or cancer mortality as secondary outcomes, but the results were null (see table).1-3

Regarding breast-cancer risk specifically, three observational cohort studies of plasma 25- hydroxyvitamin D levels had inconsistent results: one small study found an inverse association, one large study found no association, and one large study found no overall trend but an inverse association in one subgroup.1,2 An inverse association observed in crude analyses in one study disappeared after adjustment for body-mass index and physical activity. Only one randomized trial (the Women’s Health Initiative [WHI] trial) was large enough to assess breast cancer as a separate, although secondary, outcome; overall, it showed no significant effect of the intervention on breast-cancer incidence (hazard ratio, 0.96; 95% confidence interval [CI], 0.86 to 1.07) or related mortality (hazard ratio, 0.99). After stratifying the study population according to baseline vitamin D intake (diet plus supplements), the investigators found that women with the lowest baseline intakes had a reduced risk of breast cancer with the intervention (hazard ratio, 0.79; 95% CI, 0.65 to 0.97), whereas women with the highest baseline intakes (≥600 IU per day) actually had a significantly increased risk (hazard ratio, 1.34; 95% CI, 1.01 to 1.78; P for interaction = 0.003).

Observational studies of serum vitamin D levels and colorectal cancer generally support an inverse association.1-3 According to a meta-analysis of prospective data from five studies, subjects with a serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D level of 33 ng per milliliter or higher had about half the risk of colorectal cancer of those with levels of 12 ng per milliliter or lower. The European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition study recently reported a similarly strong inverse association. A prospective study from the Japan Public Health Center did not find an inverse relation between plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and the occurrence of colon cancer, although an inverse association with rectal cancer was apparent. Randomized trial evidence is limited. In a British trial comparing vitamin D3 with placebo, the intervention was not associated with a change in colorectal-cancer incidence (relative risk, 1.02; 95% CI, 0.60 to 1.74). Similarly, in the WHI trial, calcium plus vitamin D3 did not reduce the incidence of colorectal cancer (relative risk, 1.08; 95% CI, 0.86 to 1.34) or related mortality (relative risk, 0.82; 95% CI, 0.52 to 1.29).
                            Although ecologic studies suggest that mortality due to prostate cancer is inversely related to sun exposure, observational
                            analytic studies of serum 25- hydroxyvitamin D and prostate cancer haven’t supported this conclusion.1-3 Eight of 12 nested case–control studies showed no association between baseline serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and prostate-cancer risk, and just 1 showed a significant inverse association; a more recent nested case–control analysis of data from the α-Tocopherol, β-Carotene Cancer Prevention Study showed no association. Moreover, a meta-analysis of 45 observational studies of dairy-product intake and prostate-cancer risk showed no significant association with dietary intake of vitamin D. No relevant randomized clinical trials were identified.
                            The large-scale Cohort Consortium Vitamin D Pooling Project of Rarer Cancers showed no evidence linking higher serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations to reduced risk of less common cancers, including endometrial, esophageal, gastric, kidney, pancreatic, and ovarian cancers and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma5 (which together account for approximately half of all cancers worldwide). Moreover, the report provided evidence suggestive of a significantly increased risk of pancreatic cancer at high 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels (≥40 ng per milliliter).5 An increased risk of esophageal cancer at higher 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels has also been reported.
                            Despite biologic plausibility and widespread enthusiasm, the IOM committee found that the evidence that vitamin D reduces cancer incidence and related mortality was inconsistent and inconclusive as to causality. New trials assessing moderate-to-high-dose vitamin D supplementation for cancer prevention are in progress and should provide additional information within 5 to 6 years. Although future research may demonstrate clear benefits of vitamin D related to cancer and other nonskeletal health outcomes, and possibly support higher intake requirements, the existing evidence falls short.
                            Disclosure forms provided by the authors are available with the full text of this article at NEJM.org.
                            From the Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston (J.E.M.); the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale Schools of Public Health and Medicine, New Haven, CT (S.T.M.); the Division of Medical Oncology, Ohio State University, Columbus (S.K.C.); and the Institute of Medicine Committee on Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin D and Calcium (J.E.M., S.T.M., S.K.C.).
                            This article (10.1056/NEJMp1102022) was published on March 23, 2011, at NEJM.org.
                            1. Institute of Medicine. Dietary reference intakes for calcium and vitamin D. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 2011.
                            2. Chung M, Balk EM, Brendel M, et al. Vitamin D and calcium: a systematic review of health outcomes. Evidence report no. 183. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2009. (AHRQ publication no. 09-E015.)
                            3. International Agency for Research on Cancer. Vitamin D and cancer — a report of the IARC working group on vitamin D. Lyon, France: World Health Organization Press, 2008.
                            4. Byers T. Anticancer vitamins du jour — the ABCED’s so far. Am J Epidemiol 2010;
                            172:1-3.
                            5. Helzlsouer KJ. Overview of the Cohort Consortium Vitamin D Pooling Project of Rarer Cancers. Am J Epidemiol 2010;172:4-9.
                            Copyright © 2011 Massachusetts Medical Society.

marster37
                          Participant

Jamietk

The tanning salon was correct in what they told her. This is well documented with Vitamin D. Do a search on the internet and you find many documented cases for breast cancer and Vitamin D.

Taking the Vitamin D pill is not the same thing as getting it from ultraviolet light.

Don't believe me . Get your vitamin D checked with the pills you are taking and then get some ultraviolet light and you will see your vitamin D level soar after doing the ultraviolet lights.

Studies are now finding that Vitamin D is needed in fighting off cancers. This is why that her dermatologists suggested it.

They are now realizing that they were wrong in trying to blame everything on a tanning bed.

marster37
                            Participant

Jamietk

marster37
                              Participant

Jamietk

nicoli
                                Participant

BCL is correct. The link he/she provided PROVES that marster37 is affiliated with the tanning industry.

Shouldn't be so surprised those trolls are lurking on our site and using it to promote their tanning beds. Shouldn't be surprised but am disappointed that they would exploit a deadly disease to make more money.

Now I'm mad.

Nicki,Stage 3b

bcl
                                    Participant

interesting comment on the same linked thread…

….I believe that we should be supporting our own industry and paying attention to skin cancer. We know it is out there but we as an industry would rather support the Breast Cancer Foundation. Don't get me wrong, this is a great foundation but why aren't we helping funding the research about skin cancer from UV exposure or genetics or from chemical sunscreen?

Hear hear!

bcl
                                      Participant

interesting comment on the same linked thread…

….I believe that we should be supporting our own industry and paying attention to skin cancer. We know it is out there but we as an industry would rather support the Breast Cancer Foundation. Don't get me wrong, this is a great foundation but why aren't we helping funding the research about skin cancer from UV exposure or genetics or from chemical sunscreen?

Hear hear!

nicoli
                                      Participant

BCL is correct. The link he/she provided PROVES that marster37 is affiliated with the tanning industry.

Shouldn't be so surprised those trolls are lurking on our site and using it to promote their tanning beds. Shouldn't be surprised but am disappointed that they would exploit a deadly disease to make more money.

Now I'm mad.

Nicki,Stage 3b

LV
                                        Participant

This is my favorite part:

"…provide funding to third party researchers that can perform unbiased studies in favor of UV and indoor tanning."

Unbiased, yet in favor. Gotta love it.

LV
                                          Participant

This is my favorite part:

"…provide funding to third party researchers that can perform unbiased studies in favor of UV and indoor tanning."

Unbiased, yet in favor. Gotta love it.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics