The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Diet and preventing melanoma recurrence

Forums General Melanoma Community Diet and preventing melanoma recurrence

Participant

Hi all,

I am following your journey's and thinking of you all, praying for a cure for this disease. 

I wonder if I could canvas opinions and experiences with attempting to lose weight for health reasons when you have a hx of melanoma (Stage 1a).  The "Curves" weight management programme (along with others) advises 6 meals involving protein per day, including quite a lot of eggs, cottage cheese and protein shakes to try to manage doing this. 

Hi all,

I am following your journey's and thinking of you all, praying for a cure for this disease. 

I wonder if I could canvas opinions and experiences with attempting to lose weight for health reasons when you have a hx of melanoma (Stage 1a).  The "Curves" weight management programme (along with others) advises 6 meals involving protein per day, including quite a lot of eggs, cottage cheese and protein shakes to try to manage doing this. 

I have read afew nutrition books related to cancer, and have switched to organic.  I haven't added any vitamins as I am pretty confused by it all to be honest (some say you shouldn't have multivitamins because they are linked to cancer…I have no idea what to believe and dont have time to research it all with two wee children).  In any case, I know too much red meat and ???maybe protein????is a bad thing. 

Would love to hear those in the knows opinion of this.  Thank you for your time if you have got this far!

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        scots
        Participant

Tryi searching past posts.  There have been many discussions on the topic.  That will give you some information before people start posting.    Turmeric, vitamin D have been talked about here.

scot

scots
          Participant

Tryi searching past posts.  There have been many discussions on the topic.  That will give you some information before people start posting.    Turmeric, vitamin D have been talked about here.

scot

scots
            Participant

scot

jim Breitfeller
              Participant

The only way I know how to prevent a recurrence is to have Memory CD8+ T-cells created by a vaccination out of body or within. That is why so many trials are becoming Cancer vaccine trials.

Jimmy b

jim Breitfeller
                Participant

The only way I know how to prevent a recurrence is to have Memory CD8+ T-cells created by a vaccination out of body or within. That is why so many trials are becoming Cancer vaccine trials.

Jimmy b

jim Breitfeller
                  Participant

Jimmy b

gtown
                    Participant

Hey,

For what it's worth, I lift frequently and i was constantly eating a high protein diet. I've recently become more aware of refined sugars role in cancer basically the more sugar you consume the faster any cancer grows. I've been looking at those protein bars and guess what they are loaded with sugar! Anyhow I am in the process of trying to eliminate any refined sugar in my diet I am doing it gradually but I have to if i want to fight this. If you look up my lst post I asked a very similiar question about a week ago and got plenty of great answers, if you have any questions contact me.    

gtown
                      Participant

Hey,

For what it's worth, I lift frequently and i was constantly eating a high protein diet. I've recently become more aware of refined sugars role in cancer basically the more sugar you consume the faster any cancer grows. I've been looking at those protein bars and guess what they are loaded with sugar! Anyhow I am in the process of trying to eliminate any refined sugar in my diet I am doing it gradually but I have to if i want to fight this. If you look up my lst post I asked a very similiar question about a week ago and got plenty of great answers, if you have any questions contact me.    

gtown
                        Participant

Hey,

boot2aboot
                          Participant

the less toxins in, the better the immune system is prepared for onslaught of treatment…you have plenty of NK cells and T cells but this &%&&% melanoma hides from them…Jim is right about getting T cells smarter…eat right, exercise, meditate and laugh is always good…watching Dr Oz is good, but taking time and discipline to read technical stuff about mel is always good…you are one in a hundred…you are not the only patient an overworked and tired onc has…be your own advocate…know what is out there and your mutations and insist, insist , insist…the only way to beat mel is to train t cells or circumnavigate confusing mel signals…and you can't do that eating sprouts

boots

boot2aboot
                            Participant

the less toxins in, the better the immune system is prepared for onslaught of treatment…you have plenty of NK cells and T cells but this &%&&% melanoma hides from them…Jim is right about getting T cells smarter…eat right, exercise, meditate and laugh is always good…watching Dr Oz is good, but taking time and discipline to read technical stuff about mel is always good…you are one in a hundred…you are not the only patient an overworked and tired onc has…be your own advocate…know what is out there and your mutations and insist, insist , insist…the only way to beat mel is to train t cells or circumnavigate confusing mel signals…and you can't do that eating sprouts

boots

boot2aboot
                              Participant

boots

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics