The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

diagnosis IN!

Forums General Melanoma Community diagnosis IN!

Participant

Finally……….  I have  renal cell carcinoma.   NO METS from either Melanoma or Breast Cancer.  Just plain old RCC.  I will have a open partial nephrectomy on Jan 16th. 

Finally……….  I have  renal cell carcinoma.   NO METS from either Melanoma or Breast Cancer.  Just plain old RCC.  I will have a open partial nephrectomy on Jan 16th. 

What a relief to stop all this worry.  so more Bonnie parts will adorn the shelves only this time it be at a different hospital.  So it (kidley) won't be sitting side by side with boobs, and eyelid.  and various dysplastic goodies.  they will start living life elsewhere.   How weird that this is the 3rd totally unrelated cancer in me.  (cannot say little old me)  but old yep. 

well that be my news for now.

Love Bonnie Lea

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Bonnie,

I hate to hear that you are now dealing with another cancer!   I do know that renal cell is very close to melanoma. Some of the drugs end up being used.   

I hope that since it took so long for them to get a biopsy I hope it means that it's very small.  

You have a great attitude.  What is an open partial nephrectomy? 

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Bonnie,

I hate to hear that you are now dealing with another cancer!   I do know that renal cell is very close to melanoma. Some of the drugs end up being used.   

I hope that since it took so long for them to get a biopsy I hope it means that it's very small.  

Linda

BonnieLea
              Participant

instead of doing it laprascopically they have to do the big cut and remove a portion of the 11th rib.  Fill my space with sterile ice  (martini anyone?)  to make the kidney stop working (sluggish thing)  and remove not sure if it is the bottom half or the top half.

any "open surgery'  compared to lap surgery involves more time in hospital more DRUGS and what not.  Nephrectomy is the term for kidley removal.

Ya I think (my dotter says so)  Oh Mom you are  SOOOOO special…..wink wink.  but I thinnk it is weird as well but these cancers I have had are not connected.  cept for the eyelid which is a sub of melanoma (called LMM)  ah well.  Then I must in the future have a bone scan to make sure all is ok bone wise.  But not now…. mayhap in June.  I did not ask how big or small it was (cos we knew it was small)  nor stage or grade.   Apparently it is very unlikely for me to have to have chemo or radiation as surgery usually deals with it.  but I was glad to know it is NOT melanoma.

Love Bonnie

jag
                Participant

Wow, Bonnie, 

Something Sympathetic.

There, I said it. 

The only way I could explain all of these different cancers is that you have all of the cancer cells so confused they don't know which ones to be.  Half the time you have me wondering who/what the hell I am.  

Get well soon.

John 

jag
                  Participant

Wow, Bonnie, 

Something Sympathetic.

There, I said it. 

The only way I could explain all of these different cancers is that you have all of the cancer cells so confused they don't know which ones to be.  Half the time you have me wondering who/what the hell I am.  

Get well soon.

John 

jag
                    Participant

Wow, Bonnie, 

Something Sympathetic.

There, I said it. 

Get well soon.

John 

jag
                      Participant

Wow, Bonnie, 

Something Sympathetic.

There, I said it. 

Get well soon.

John 

jag
                        Participant

Wow, Bonnie, 

Something Sympathetic.

There, I said it. 

Get well soon.

John 

jag
                          Participant

Wow, Bonnie, 

Something Sympathetic.

There, I said it. 

Get well soon.

John 

BonnieLea
                            Participant

instead of doing it laprascopically they have to do the big cut and remove a portion of the 11th rib.  Fill my space with sterile ice  (martini anyone?)  to make the kidney stop working (sluggish thing)  and remove not sure if it is the bottom half or the top half.

any "open surgery'  compared to lap surgery involves more time in hospital more DRUGS and what not.  Nephrectomy is the term for kidley removal.

Ya I think (my dotter says so)  Oh Mom you are  SOOOOO special…..wink wink.  but I thinnk it is weird as well but these cancers I have had are not connected.  cept for the eyelid which is a sub of melanoma (called LMM)  ah well.  Then I must in the future have a bone scan to make sure all is ok bone wise.  But not now…. mayhap in June.  I did not ask how big or small it was (cos we knew it was small)  nor stage or grade.   Apparently it is very unlikely for me to have to have chemo or radiation as surgery usually deals with it.  but I was glad to know it is NOT melanoma.

Love Bonnie

BonnieLea
                              Participant

Love Bonnie

lhaley
                              Participant

Bonnie,

Linda

BonnieLea
                                Participant

John we and you will NEVER forget who you are!!  Am waiting to hear tales of the travellin' Gallagers DVM.

thankyou to all my buddies here, I know I could never keep up my chin without you all.

BonnieLea
                                  Participant

John we and you will NEVER forget who you are!!  Am waiting to hear tales of the travellin' Gallagers DVM.

thankyou to all my buddies here, I know I could never keep up my chin without you all.

BonnieLea
                                    Participant

KyCyn
                                      Participant

Bonnie Lea, I'm glad to see you won't have to do chemo or anything other than the surgery… sure wish you didn't even have to do that!!

Keep on knocking those dang cancer cells in the head and wallup on 'em good ๐Ÿ™‚

Cyn

KyCyn
                                        Participant

Bonnie Lea, I'm glad to see you won't have to do chemo or anything other than the surgery… sure wish you didn't even have to do that!!

Keep on knocking those dang cancer cells in the head and wallup on 'em good ๐Ÿ™‚

Cyn

KyCyn
                                          Participant

Cyn

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics