The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Diagnosed Nodular Mel Stage 3C in 2006 and still “living with cancer”

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Diagnosed Nodular Mel Stage 3C in 2006 and still “living with cancer”

I know what a horrible battle you all fight. It gave me so much strength when I would come here and read your stories. This board kept me from losing my mind while my husband battled a Stage 3C and then Stage 4 agressive Nodular Melanoma diagnosis and treatment. I was a 39 year old mom with two little daughters when this entered our lives.

There is hope. And there were always people who came back here and posted to give others hope. After diagnosis, 3 surgeries that included a massive facial skin graft and over 70 lymph nodes removed, radiation, a year of interferon and many years of monitoring and scans my husband is still alive. I now say he is "living with cancer"

It was scary to log in and see these postings again, and I often wonder if posting this is asking for trouble from the evil cancer demons. 

It is my deepest hope that you get through this too, and live….no thrive….after this nightmare. 

Much love and appreciation for all that post here. You saved me in my darkest hours. I hope I can give you a thread of hope this evening.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Replies
      Hstevens0072
      Participant

๐Ÿ™‚ thank you.

Hstevens0072
        Participant

๐Ÿ™‚ thank you.

Hstevens0072
          Participant

๐Ÿ™‚ thank you.

katie1
            Participant

Thanks for this!  My husbancd (3C agressive amelanotic nodular melanoma on his face 12mm/ulcerated) just passed the 1 year mark NED!  He had 4 rounds of Ipi as part of a clinical trial (had to stop due to hypophysitis).  Stories like yours bring hope, so thanks.

Kate

katie1
              Participant

Thanks for this!  My husbancd (3C agressive amelanotic nodular melanoma on his face 12mm/ulcerated) just passed the 1 year mark NED!  He had 4 rounds of Ipi as part of a clinical trial (had to stop due to hypophysitis).  Stories like yours bring hope, so thanks.

Kate

katie1
                Participant

Kate

Jahendry12
                  Participant

Thank you so much for this post Denise.  Your words are giving many on this board much needed hope. My husband's story is similar to your husband's.  He was diagnosed with aggressive nodular melanoma in 2011 (on upper leg) followed by surgery to remove initial growth, then surgery to remove groin lymph nodes & 2 surgeries to remove lung mets (only 1 of the surgeries found a melanoma met).  No treatment to date.  We are on watch & wait – scans every 3 months through this year.  This past March he was 1 year NED!  He is healthy & active and I don't plan on him going anywhere any time soon!

Live life to the fullest and always always have HOPE.

Julie

Jahendry12
                    Participant

Thank you so much for this post Denise.  Your words are giving many on this board much needed hope. My husband's story is similar to your husband's.  He was diagnosed with aggressive nodular melanoma in 2011 (on upper leg) followed by surgery to remove initial growth, then surgery to remove groin lymph nodes & 2 surgeries to remove lung mets (only 1 of the surgeries found a melanoma met).  No treatment to date.  We are on watch & wait – scans every 3 months through this year.  This past March he was 1 year NED!  He is healthy & active and I don't plan on him going anywhere any time soon!

Julie

Jahendry12
                      Participant

Julie

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics