The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

DecisionDx denial reversed

Forums General Melanoma Community DecisionDx denial reversed

Participant

Hm. Got a letter from my insurer saying the denial of claim was reversed on appeal. I was aware Castle Biosciences was appealing, but did not expect they would succeed. (Castle was not going to collect from me anyway.) 

”Upon review of the documentation submitted, the request is approved. The DecisionDx-Melanoma signature indeed may be an independent predictor of metastasis risk to assess and design individual preventative measures of metastases for patients such as this patient. The reviewer that made this decision is a Board Certified Medical Doctor in Dermatology. The reimbursement associated with this approval has been processed and you will receive a corrected explanation of benefits.”

(Happily no metastatic occurrence almost 2 years post diagnosis but keeping an eye on things..) 

Thanks to all who share here, and best wishes (and prayers) especially to those fighting active active disease.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        jetdoctor67
        Participant

My insurance has initially denied the claim and Castle is appealing.  I hope they have the same success.

pinky2001
          Participant

My insurance company denied the Castle $8,500 claim and it appears they have asked for more information.  I was not advised by my dermatologist that the test was so expensive.  Since I did not have a SLN biopsy, stage 1b, the test result provided some comfort (Decision Dx result was low risk (1a) for mets within 5 years).  I hope my Castle test results prove to be accurate!

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics