The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Decadron/taper off amt

Forums General Melanoma Community Decadron/taper off amt

Participant

Buddy has been on Decadron 4 mg QID po (3 x day) for 9 days.  They will not allow him to have his 3rd treatment of IPPI until he is on low dose Decadron, or weined completely.

What is the low dose for Dacadron, and what is the daily amounts usually taken daily to get to low dose form one being on 4mg 3xday?

He actually needs the steroids to help in brain swelling, but he needs to get the IPPI treatment ASAP as Dr. sharfman has stated that IPPI would be his only chance…

Thanks for any replys,

Buddy has been on Decadron 4 mg QID po (3 x day) for 9 days.  They will not allow him to have his 3rd treatment of IPPI until he is on low dose Decadron, or weined completely.

What is the low dose for Dacadron, and what is the daily amounts usually taken daily to get to low dose form one being on 4mg 3xday?

He actually needs the steroids to help in brain swelling, but he needs to get the IPPI treatment ASAP as Dr. sharfman has stated that IPPI would be his only chance…

Thanks for any replys,

Nancy

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Kevin from Atlanta
        Participant

Hello Nancy,

I would call the clinical nurse. She should be able to schedule when Buddy hits the low dose and the Ipi treatment at the same time. I wish you and Buddy the best.

Kevin from Atlanta
          Participant

Hello Nancy,

I would call the clinical nurse. She should be able to schedule when Buddy hits the low dose and the Ipi treatment at the same time. I wish you and Buddy the best.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics