The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dan Thompson passed away….

Forums General Melanoma Community Dan Thompson passed away….

Participant

Jackie, Dan's beloved wife, called a bit ago to let me know Dan passed away unexpectedly on Oct. 26th.  She had gone bike-riding with a friend, and when she returned home, she found Dan on the floor.  He apparently died from a heart attack.  She is devastated, as you can imagine.  Please keep Jackie, their daughter Danielle, and their two grandchildren, Emerson and Natalie in your heart and prayers.  Dan tried to come across as a bad-ass here, but in real life he was just a big ol' tenderhearted teddy bear.  He never got over losing his son, Nate, to melanoma.

Jackie is trying to be strong, and relying on her faith in God to get her through Dan's passing.  She said she doesn't think she can take any more phone calls and having to explain things, and she asked me to share this news here.  If you'd like to send a card, her address is:

Jackie Thompson

46828 Woodfield Dr.

Mattawan, Michigan  49071

Memorials can be made, in Nate's name, to the MRF.

Fly high, sweet DT.. I will love and miss you forever.

~Lisa~

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Kim K
        Participant

Thanks for the post, so sad to hear.  I wish the best for his wife and family.  I remember Dan in Asheville, he and Carole partied with everyone until they closed the bar down the next AM!  Someone asked what group we were from and when we said MPIP and what it stood for, they were shocked at all the fun we were having.  

Aloha,

Kim

Kim K
          Participant

Thanks for the post, so sad to hear.  I wish the best for his wife and family.  I remember Dan in Asheville, he and Carole partied with everyone until they closed the bar down the next AM!  Someone asked what group we were from and when we said MPIP and what it stood for, they were shocked at all the fun we were having.  

Aloha,

Kim

Kim K
            Participant

Aloha,

Kim

KyCyn
              Participant

Oh BG – that is so sad. I cried when I read this.  Good ol' Dan.  Thank goodness when I think of him I can still find a smile ๐Ÿ™‚

thank tou you for posting this –

cyn

KyCyn
                Participant

Oh BG – that is so sad. I cried when I read this.  Good ol' Dan.  Thank goodness when I think of him I can still find a smile ๐Ÿ™‚

cyn

KyCyn
                  Participant

cyn

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics